Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: back to vdj3.4 for me!! [problem solved - back to 4.0 for basshead] :) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

secretsoul,don't let the title of my post give you the wrong impression,ok maybe it was a little insentitive..but believe i know the long and hard that goes into writing any software program,and has i said in previous post,i love vdj3.4..never had a problem,piping the sound through the "motu" then "djm600"into the "crown" and crank the "jbls"..i get compliments not on the music but the sound quality..then when people ask what software is that,i give props to vdj the best dj software hands down!!i didn't mention my problem in detail because i know it have to be worked into the next release,i'm not bitching,just want to make a good software great!!!feel me!ok!

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:17 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Basshead> Well bad news looks like version 4 does not use the registry keys TimeCode ConfigMap Chan In and
Out. I deleted both keys and vdj4. did the same thing. Time code works fine on one of my dennons however the line in is backwards.

Sp dev staff if you can tell us if there is a new registry key to address this I have no problem making changes myself. This is what I had to do in 3.4 to get both dennon 3500s to play TCCD and use my ecler nuo4 for the 2 channels for tccd and other channel for samples. Worked great except the sound quality of 3.4.

Motu Ultralite is a highend audio card that should be supported.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 6:19 am
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Basshead> Problem solved going to create a new post pm me if you cant find it.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 6:44 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
FunnyB0nz > The registry settings used by 4.0 are in a different location than they were in 3.4 which is probably why the 2 .exe's can co-exist without stepping on each other's proverbial toes.

V3.4: /HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/VirtualDJ
V4.0: /HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/VirtualDJ

I'm guessing you already discovered this by now, but I wanted to post this info in here so that others who stumble across this thread don't hit a dead end.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 4:55 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Yes, he knows ;)
Here is his thread about Motu.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:49 pm
funnybonz,thks for the heads up,you're the man..i did the reg config which remap the output on the motu and it works perfect...also "frd1963" i read your post which is true in vdj4 it's in a diff location..now vdj4.0 works perfect,no issue here....thanks to everyone,now basshead is happy!!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:39 am

Great news ;) Good to hear you got the help from the forum tweaking your settings

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:43 am
d rocksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
OK maybe I missed something in between the definitions of bitching and not bitching. I have installed 4.0 on my laptop and the sound is fine. I have not got my other rig back to me yet whih has a M-Audio 410 soundcard in it. Does it work with it or not. I should have that rig by Saturday of this week to update it and don't want to screw soemthing up as he has a wedding That evening that will need this software. Perhaps delaying install of 4.0 is in order??????

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:35 am
@Basshead

Glad everything worked out for you. It's a good thing the community didn't listen to you when you said "don't need no tech help". The help just keeps on coming, whether you want it or not. This post will also let others know, that all you have to do is ask. People you don't even know, will go the extra mile to help you. I would like to thank Funnyb0nz, DJ-Alf, and frd1963 for jumping on this issue, and providing help to Basshead and others.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:31 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@d_rocks
I would delay the install. Don't pressure yourself into a corner. If you booked the gig with using 3.4 then why risk losing it because you pressured yourself. I wish everyone would just slow it down, it's tough enough in what we do.

cstoll

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:32 am
@d rocks

I would not make any changes to my setup, the day of an affair. I would not take a new mixer or CD player, that I just got, to a gig. We do not have the luxury of on the job training. Cstoll is right, do you need any more pressure than the drunk uncle, that will be at this wedding? Plus, you look just like the guy that's sleeping with his wife, so you are gonna have your hands full.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:08 am
@ Cstoll Thanks for the advise and you're right I should install it whn I have the time to play around with it. I have familiarized myself with the program on my laptop to be able to use it but but maybe with the hardware changes I should wait.

@ A Man and His Music, how did you know? We were keeping that a secret!!!!! LOL!!!!! Interesting perspective. I hill heed your advice The Great ( and all knowing) A Man and His Music.

Thanks for all of the comments!

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 1:34 pm
hey "d rock",m-audio works ok with v4,only if you're not using tcv..as this setup require 4 analog input,the 410 only have 2..apart from that ,it works perfect,you got a great soundcard!!as for"a man and his music:>it was just frustration,from the get go,after waiting from the big vdj4,then to find out i can't use it with my motu,but now i got much respect for the forum and the people..."big up vdj",it's only the begining!!!!!!!!back off ssl>

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 2:31 pm
That's good news basshead. I was not looking forward to buying a new sound card or have to wait till 4.1 or something. I do not use tcv's so that is what I needed to know. Thanks for the info.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 1:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)