Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Just tried a 'dodgy' version 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, I know my account it going to get chopped for this, but please read first.

I love VDJ and the console - but there's a few issues with the console version of vdj that I hoped V2 would solve. Unfortunately there's no demo, so I had to resort to other means.

Overall V2 fixes most of my issues. BPM extraction still isn't perfect, but is much easier to correct manually which was my main issue. The console skin is great, and some of the new effects are very nice too.

However, like many other people here, my headphones stopped working the day after I installed it. Before I go and buy the full version, can someone from the VDJ team confirm if this is an issue with version 2, or just the cracked version that is floating around?

(I've got the latest djconsole drivers etc, and console VDJ works fine. Also followed the setup instructions elsewhere on this forum)

Anyway, the dodgy version has been deleted, and the console version restored.

I hope you guys appreciate my honesty, and maybe release a demo of V2 so that us console users can see what V2 has to offer legally.

P.S. - Love the fact that the forum says 'Hello Naughty!'

Posted Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 9:46 pm
Cracked versions are very unstable, and are not supported.

Posted Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 10:56 pm
I realise that, I just want to know if the headphone issue is present on V2 before parting with a load of cash..

I've been let down with mixing packages before after buying full versions, so you can understand why I'm nervous about shelling out quite a lot of money for what is effectivly an upgrade.

So come on - yes or no.. There's 99 euros resting on it!!!

Posted Fri 02 Jul 04 @ 11:29 pm
hi there naughty.. lol :)

all i can say is that headphones and hercules in full version works perfect!! really, i use it every single day...

i would be happy to tell you the set-up needed for it to work, but as long as u have tried a cracked version, i'm not sure on the policy on helping you...

but if u ever buy the full version, i will tell you how.. its pretty easy, and works perferct :)

dj in norway

Posted Sat 03 Jul 04 @ 1:03 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
VDJ2 works flawlessy (almost) with the herc console I have the full ver2 and have no headphone issues.

Posted Sat 03 Jul 04 @ 12:28 pm
Same here. Works like a charm. Just go ahead and buy it.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 5:27 pm
Cool - cheers all.

I suspected as much and will no doubt purchase it over the weekend. Would do it tonight but then I'd be up all night playing and be in no fit state for work tomorrow!

To the developers - V2 is a vast improvement, and is probably enough to make a lot of djconsole people pay out if they saw what they were getting.. Isn't it time to release a demo, and / or a discount offer for us lot???

I will of course confirm if there is an issue or not with the headphones once I have a legit copy.

Yours,

lamer or hacker :)

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 9:12 pm
good to hear you are not so naughty anymore, NotSoNaughtyNow ;)

hope to see ya as a member over the weekend

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 9:59 pm
Paa - can't belive I will have to pay VAT on this...

Posted Wed 07 Jul 04 @ 10:59 am
deludedPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well I'm now a very good person and have got V2 working legally (after a small hitch which was sorted in minutes by the people here - thanks!!!).

Headphones working fine at the moment - after seeing how much protection is in the software, I can understand why the hacked version might start doing strange things.

So if anyone is getting ideas, I'd leave the dodgy version well alone - it messes around with lots of things and you'll probably end up breaking your djconsole version unless you have a good idea how to fix things.

Right - I'm off to restore my mp3 catalogue and download some toys!!!

Posted Fri 09 Jul 04 @ 9:49 pm
supposing someone had tried a 'dodgy' version 2 just out of curiosity and then decided to revert back to the free version that came with the console (just like u did). I mean not all of us can afford to buy the latest version just yet... how would they get rid of the 'this serial number is invalid' problem once they had reinstalled the free official bit of software???

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 5:38 pm
Trying a dodgy version is illegal and you can't say you're not warned. That's why we won't help users who use dodgy versions.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 5:46 pm
Oh one other problem this friend of a friend is having is the blue screen of death which appears after the console is uplugged from the computer (this only started happening after trying out the dodgy version)

more reasons for others not to go down this route!!!

once the computer restarted I noted the critical error and this is what was stated

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072504-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\pete\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

anyone got any advice as to how to resolve this problem and enable the use of the dj console again? and ofcourse the wonderful free version of virtual dj???

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 5:53 pm
Totally understandable - I cant say I agree with piracy either but people make mistakes and should be allowed to learn from them... if the individual responsible was to now purchase the official software would they get assistance here or would it be a lost cause?

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 6:00 pm
Of course they would get assistance once they purchased the full version

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 6:14 pm
you surly will get assistance in making the full version work, if you buy the software...

as of trying more dodgy versions, or concole version, I'm sorry to say, that you have messed up your system by doing so... Dodgy versions have lots of bugs, and are made by hackers and not genuine software developers..

if u ask the hacker for support of this problem? he would not care to help you...

VDJ team will help you solve this, if you buy a full version...
But if they will help you when using a hacked pirated version? I dont know, because its not theire fault, but the hackers...

And as a general rule, dont use pirated software, the really really can mess up your system, put virus on your pc, open ports for attack etc.. dont think that all hackers hack software just to be "kind", often there is another motive, like making money of spamming you with email, being bad in spreading viruses or opening your pc for attack...
And anyway, hacked versions of software have changed the software, and the risk is that it just dont work like it should.. often harming your system.

you have a memory dump problem, a virtual memory problem now, because of this dody version..or ram/memory/driver problem, where accessing memory is a problem.
Try turn virtual memory off, and reboot, and then turn it on again, and reboot... see if this fixes Windows at least.
If not, you must reinstall Windows, sorry to say..

I'm going out of my way to be helpfull here now, and really hope to see you buy the software..
It's not expencive, it is a great dj software with free updates, it WORKS without any problems, and u will get all the support of the many users here...

dj in norway

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 6:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)