Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: video prob

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

stefdjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
with hardware accelerator enabled the video lags but if you disable it its fine, but then you cannot use video effects or transitions.help
nvidia card 2048 ram duo processor

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:08 pm
How ironic!

I'm having the same problem. I was told that ANY integrated video card should be set to not use hardware accel, because yellow lines show up or it lags badly, like freezes with the sound still playing, but then sometimes catches back up. Was also told that the hardware accel is really only designed for people with nvidia cards, but in your case you have one.

I hate knowing that without accel on, I can't use any of the video effects, not even text. Atleast in 3.4 you still could.

Hopefully they will spend more time on the video part of of the software for the next update. I don't think these features work anymore w/o using accel because of how drastic the cpu usage goes up. It's probably a stability issue, since the new 4.0 uses way more resources.

Just thought I'd share my words and thoughts and let you know that you are not alone out there with that problem.

Jason G

Posted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 5:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)