Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skins and V4.0 ??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First off .... HATS OFF !!! NICE JOB ON SOUND ENGINE!! GOOD WORK ,and THANK-YOU.....
Like all of us ,I downloaded v4.0 to my gig laptop ASAP and after fumbling a bit ,Works great now.
The sound is awsome ! I even bypassed my kosmos and compressors and set my mixer and eq's all
flat to see what I had coming out of ECHO card and VERY NICE. Luv it.

I wanted to see what my m-audio firewire sounded like on My desktop PC ,so (with unlock from tech support )I loaded v4.0 on desktop and tweaked a little and walllaa!! Sound is great ,too.NOW HERE IS
THE BUT....I can't get any skin downloads to run ,Keep getting Error "VDJ not installed ,must install 1st.

Soooo hmmm? I uninstalled VDJ ,blew away all Skin files and reloaded new ,tested and all plays great,
still same issue with Skins install.
ANY IDEAS?

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 2:00 am
You need to reload 3.4, then load the skins and they will work in 4.0.............don't ask me why but that's what I saw elsewhere on the board (can't find the post again, going back and finding any post here is impossible and the search doesn't seem to always work)..........anyway I tried it and it works now I need to find out if uninstalling 3.4 hurts anything because I don't need both versions on the computer once I have thoroughly tested and approved 4.0

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:11 pm
hmm...
might be an issue here, as some skins are made for 3.4.
Maybe the exe compiler for the skins needs to be done again..

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 5:36 pm
Should I just be patient ? I know you folks have a lot to handle right now ,everyone
asking sooo many ques.of you . Or can I /should I try to load 3.4 just so skins will work? Can I even load old ver? (think I might have old backup 3.? on a disc but never needed it ,thankfully)

Basically I am an existing user (gig laptop) that did a fresh install on My Desktop PC (more for testing
than absolute need)...This glitch did not occur when I upgraded over 3.4 on laptop(hhmmmm????)

Let me know when you can ,,,at least VDJ works ,just have to use default skin til gets resolved ,I guess?

AGAIN , LET ME SAY ...... GOOD JOB GANG!!!!!!!!! SOUND IS GREAT!!!
THANK-YOU

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:46 pm
will ask team.

Maybe its just making a small registry change, as VDJ3 and 4 entries are located differently

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:03 pm
Thank-You Rune *S*

I'll hold off a bit and watch forum

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 7:26 pm
Got same VDJ not installed message with all skins, including the XP Style Patch.
But Vmix 4 installs correctly, hope info helps take identify problem.
3.4 is not on my system

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)