Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Spatialization and Master Tempo

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have asked this question to the support team,but also open to the general public for your thoughts.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, P4, 1GB Ram and use the sound card for both head phones and speakers (front/rear output) I am able to achieve a latency of 64 and quality to best! I keep scratch set to simple and same for video.

The Master tempo I have set to advance. I notice some one said to use a setting of 3,1 for this when using advanced mode. I have been able to enter all sorts of numbers and see no decline in performance(11,66 0r 5,9, etc)- yet I also don't notice any advantage to entering different numbers in these fields. It seems quite the mystery Suggested settings for this?

Thanks as always. Ronny582

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 3:02 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Heh, well I think values only go from 0 to 3, so 5,9 really wouldn't make any difference :) Try not to use 3, 3, it *could* freeze up the system already at 3, 1.

Regards.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 9:57 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
And i think it has been said that if you set the scratch to simple, the advanced master tempo will act as simple master tempo.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:15 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For the advanced master tempo:
1) Complexity:
0 uses the old 3.x algorithm, 1 is the new high quality, 2 is super high, and for 3 or above you'd better have a double-core.
2) Spatialization:
You can also use a "spatialization" parameter that let you defines time-accuracy toward quality. 0 use the default, 1 is very spatialized, 5 is very global.

Don't use spatialization>=2 as it eats a lot of CPU

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 12:33 pm
Thank you.

I do get great results with a 3,1 or a 3,0 setting.

Is it true that if you have scratch set for simple that it negates these settings and makes them the same as the 3.1 algorythm? If so, it would be nice to see master tempo greyed-out, if such a choice is made.

Thank you all for your wisdom.

I still can't believe how amazing this all is. Many moons ago I switched from Vinyl then to Tractor , and then from Tractor in favor of the old AtomixMP3....and grew through the VDJ incarnations.

It has been an amazing journey. The VDJ product line is astounding. Now if only Microsoft listened to it's customers the same way!

Ronny582

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:07 pm
PS:

It also seems that no matter what I set latency too, when I select scratch at anything other than simple all sorts of pops and clicks come from the inactive deck. If I set it to simple - no pops or clicks.

Too strange.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:45 pm
If you use advanced scatch algo, turn OFF safe mode;)

That should make all the difference... at least at my pc :)

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:49 pm
Yes, I found that safe mode caused nothing but problems! Thanks for the advice though. It made things sound very bad.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)