Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 3.4 internal database corrupted??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dev79PRO InfinityMember since 2004
i renamed my vdj 3.4 folder so that installing 4 wouldn't overwrite it and i could have both versions on my computer...so i installed 4 and that went fine, but now when i try to open 3.4 a message comes up that says the internal database is corrupted and then says something about the skin file being bad too. what can i do?? i have a gig tonite and i really don't want to use vdj4 cuz i'm not comfortable with it yet? i tried to reinstall 3.4 but since its an upgrade file it won't let me and says that theres no earlier version to upgrade from?!?!???

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
the database isn't needed to turn the program on...your gonna need to put the default skins back in the virtualdj 3.4 folder, after you've done this then we can work on your database or ask support for a 3.4 download

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:01 pm
are you trying to run 3.4 inside the 4.0 folder?

And did you copy the 4.0 database into the 3.4 folder (they have 2 seperate databases now, and not 4.0 not being compatible with 3.4 I think, as 4.0 have some new features) ?

and, remember that 4.0 skins do not work in 3.4

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:03 pm
i didn't do anything...i simply renamed the "VirtualDJ" folder to "Virtual DJ 3.4" before i installed 4. and then after i installed 4 i get these errors with 3.4. i did not put 3.4 inside the 4 folder. and i did not put any databases or skins from 4 inside the 3.4 folder.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:06 pm
oh...
you can not rename the folders!
only the EXE file

The old 3.4 install will look in the default folder for skin and database
default folder being where you installed it in the first place
(c://programfiles/virtualdj/)

Try this :
Inside the 3.4 folder copy the virtualdj.exe file and rename it to virtualdj_3.4.exe

Now copy the VirtualDJ Database.xml and the virtualdj_3.4.exe into your VirtualDJ 4 folder
(dont worry, it will not overwrite anything, Virtual DJ4 have its own database, called VirtualDJ Database(your windows account).xml )

that should work, and you can run both versions again ;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:13 pm
you might also want to copy the following folders into your VirtualDJ4 install :

- EFFECTS
- VideoTransitions
- VideoEffects

These folders are ONLY for Virtual DJ 3.4

Virtual DJ 4 has its own folders located inside the main PLUGINS folder

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:17 pm

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:19 pm
ok..thanks

but for some reason i can't copy the 3.4 exe...i keep getting a cyclic redundancy error and/or a message sayin i don't have permission to move the file.....really odd...i'm goin nuts...

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:30 pm
hmm...
try login with Windows administrator account.
Or COPY the 3.4 exe file to a new file and rename THAT file (not the original, as Windows might be smart and try to prevent you from moving that file)

And also, just checking... DONT RUN 3.4 while trying to move it

;)

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 10:34 pm
it only said the permissions thing once...but everytime i get the cyclic redundancy error...i don't know whats going on...i give up on that...i have to play in a few hrs i'm just trying to get familiar with the 4 setup now........

so if the database files are different in 4 ...how do i get my all my tracks tempos into 4?? please don't tell me i have to reanalyze everything....???

thanks

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:03 pm
maybe the best thing would be to reinstall 3.4 as you have "messed" things a bit with renaming the Virtual dj folder to Virtual DJ 3.4

I dont know why you get "redundancy error".. never even heard of it.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 3:44 am
Is your harddrive damaged?
http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/cyclic-redundancy.html

Seems it means Windows have problems reading from your drive.

Anyways, just copy your 3.4 database over your 4.0 database

The 3.4 database >> vdjdatabase.xml
The 4.0 database >> vdjdatabase(your windows login name).xml

So copy 3.4 over 4.0 database, making sure the 4.0 database have the same name as above

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)