Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Using the "Auto" config setting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just a question, I know you can use the AUTO config setting for letting VDJ chose the best latency, etc; but when you do so- it would be nice that when you exit and return to the program you can see what it has changed your settings too. I hope this makes sense. I mean that after you choose "AUTO" and re-enter - you can see what latency it has chosen, scratch mode, etc. rather than it just saying "AUTO"

Just my two cents worth.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 4:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately 'auto' is probably a bad choice in that drop-down. Auto doesn't necessarily self configure VDJ to your environment. 'Auto' means to VirtualDJ to use what ever the sound card's driver/control panel settings are set too.

e.g. - Maya 44 USB Control Panel allows you to set latency (Highspeed, Fast, Normal, etc). If you want to use those setting in the Maya 44 USB Control Panel then set VDJ to 'Auto'. Else, if you choose the settings in VDJ (from the drop-down) then those settings are what is pushed to the sound card.

So advice is use one or the other, don't try to force both to different latency settings.

cstoll

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 11:45 pm
Ahhhh, thank you! I belive in another post I read they said it would configure it for you. Now I get it. Language and words (ie "AUTO") can mean so MANY different things. Thanks again.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 12:29 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
specifically for the maya, "auto" is the best setting because maya uses non standard buffer values in an asymmetrical way (input and output buffers not the same...)
In fact "auto" for asio soundcards is the "old" way like in 3.4 and like most other asio programs : latency set in card's control panel.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 4:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)