Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problem VDJ4 and ESI U46DJ [ solved ]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I installed the new VDJ version an now there is a problem with the sound output. VDJ get's the signal of the time coded vinyls and the tracks are running like i turn the vinyls but there is now output sound. Can anyone help me? It all worked right with VDJ 3.4 and I have the latest ESI driver installed.

Thx in advance.

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 2:36 pm
is there no one who has the same prob? can't anybody help me?

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 11:07 am
Did you select "External Mixer" on the middle option on the Soundcard settings? If you do that, then it will give you the output options below the input options.

Posted Sat 26 Aug 06 @ 6:25 pm
sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have a u46dj also. when i installed vdj4 i got the option of u46dj (and amoungst the sound options there was even a picture of the said deice) or asio u46dj. i cannot get any sound from the device when i enable 3 outputs. i can only get sound if i choose 2 outputs. when i seem to change these settings around the whole thing locks up. i have the latest esi drivers installed.
one of the big problems is i can't record now. i have it set to u46dj with line in set but when you press record it says 'no soundcard available'.
since all this i have installed it on a second laptop and it's still the same. also the picture of the u46dj isn't there and i know have problems with the fader knobs not appearing. i'd be happy if the problems were the same.
i can't really help you as i'm not a timecode lord, i just thought i'd share my burden.
my gut feeling is that the new bundle is asio ready but i think this version needs some work.

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 1:34 pm
Thx. I've installed VDJ 4 now the 5th time and now everything works righ.

Posted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:56 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i had the same problem last night, all worked fine but no sound. I just opened the u46 mixer and moved the input sliders down(0db) and back up to full volume.............boom it started working. It seems just moving the slider did some sort of refresh.

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:06 pm
this is my problem:
i purchased a U46dj sound card. I installed the lastest driver as per ESI website 1.0.16
I have installed the demo version of Virtual DJ 4 and get the following problem.
First of all it tells me the asio driver has an error then it says not enough channels.
I searched on the forum and i found that i needed the very latest drivers 1.0.18 (beta from korean website of ESI). I downloaded it and the setup process doesn't even complete.
After spending 2 days to try many different solutions, i unistalled the 1.0.198 drivers and installed the 1.0.14 version as per the cd of ESI U46DJ.
Everything seems to work ok, at least no errors, but i still hear the time code signal while playing the music.
Furthermore in the autoconfig process of the time code, it says that no TIMECODE signal is detected.
Is anyone having the same problem?

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 7:46 am
comexmix wrote :
but i still hear the time code signal while playing the music.

Furthermore in the autoconfig process of the time code, it says that no TIMECODE signal is detected.
Is anyone having the same problem?

1) MUTE the signal out, for the inputs. You do this in the U46dj software mixer pannel.

2) Probably too loud signal. Try turning off or lower gain (software preamp in vdj), and/or lower the inputs slider for u46dj line-in

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 8:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)