Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Argh V4 Where's The Visualisations?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Am I being stupid? Just upgraded to V4 and the visualisations menu isn't there, how do i now load my visualisations? The slideshow option is missing as well! Anyone?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:32 pm
look in video effects, its a plugin now :)

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:51 pm
Nope, cant make it work. I moved all my visuals to plugins/videoeffects, how do i turn them on? I also cannot make the "text" option work.

Other grumbles, I think the new skins are WAAAAAYY too dark, hope someone makes some better ones quick. The 3.4 default skin was way better.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:10 pm
You got me wrong ;)

Dont copy the actual visuals to the effect folder...

What I meant is that the running of visuals are now present AS an effect, and not in the video configuration tab anymore;)

By the way, VDJ 3.4 default skin works in VDJ4 if you like the old skin better... All skins work in VDJ4

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:18 pm
Right, got it, it's in a completely new place, no longer in the "config" tab. I can't say yet if I prefer it that way or not, however i do feel that once in there, the actual setting up of visuals is easier. I like the fact that it actually tells you which visual is playing if you have it on slideshow, much easier to note which ones you don't like so that you can delete them. I also found the "text" part in there. The final test will be when i move it over to my gig box, are the visuals when using advanced sound options now fixed?

Regarding that new skin though, I think some of the guys could turn out something way better. The colours especially are poor, whoever thought of putting grey text on black buttons, the whole thing just looks dismall, enough to depress you! I do love the idea of the video skin, so please please, can some of you top skinners make some improvements, especially with the colours.

With regards sound, yes, there is an audible difference, especially on the midrange, they sound clearer/cleaner.

I think a lot of it is getting used to it, it's quite a change from the VDJ we have come to love, I for one will continue using the old default skin for the time being.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)