Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: EQ fuzzle, crackle sound with VDJ 4.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Before I had no problem but now when I move any of the three eq, I get weird cackle sounds or static. Can someone help me.

Thanks

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:41 pm
choose SAFE MODE in the performance tab, and even lower the performance slider..

Vdj4 makes it possible to tune the performance, so dont try to use a performance your PC dont support

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:11 pm
Hi, in my testing I noticed that simply using fast tempo algorithm, the cracks go away (on my pc, i'm working with "best performances", with fast tempo and it is going right!)

hope it helps
Pier

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 5:33 pm
Quote :
Hi, in my testing I noticed that simply using fast tempo algorithm, the cracks go away (on my pc, i'm working with "best performances", with fast tempo and it is going right!)

Same here, but I can still slightly hear it, it's just very very low. Does this come out when I record?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 6:39 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi joachim joe

i notice you use the dj console mk11
ive had the same problems as you with mine but over the last hour have sorted mine out

these are the settings im now useing and working fine
sound set up dj console mk11
performance set up
on the slider bar select the secound one from the fastest side
souncard latancy= have 512(11ms) and select overclock
scratch optimize= select quality and select simple algorithm
48/44 mhz= select basic
master tempo = select fast

when i first started i had cracking and poping on both the cross fader and equalizers but the above now works great for me on a cheap not very well specked computer
hope it might help you

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 7:43 pm
Thanks aubs123,

Nope, not quite there yet. I wll test a bit longer with these settings.

Do me a favour... slow the track a bit, then use the eq... what do you get?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:06 pm
Hear this (3MB)

You will clearly hear the sort of brbb rbbrb brbb sound, don't know how to describe it... at the end.

*url fixed.

This was recored by putting the mic to my speakers.

I get this effect also on crossfading.

System Specs

AMD Athloon 2.8 Ghz.
1 GB Ram.
Using the Mk2.

Can someone with similiar hardware suggest something? Many thanks.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:13 pm
yes that sounds exactly the same as mine did before i fount those settings which worked for me

also try turning your computer off then back on again open vert dj and enter the settings before you play anything
and also in the mk11 controll panell im useing audio mode wdm
i really hope you get sorted m8 its well worth the trouble of trying all the settings in diferrent ways if mine above dont work for you

all the best aubs

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:41 pm
I had safe-mode on! Turned it off and voila... using your settings and it works superb. I'm even tempted setting them higher but it works so I am going to leave it as it is.

What's safe-mode?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 8:54 pm
im glad you got it sorted
im not to sure what exactly safe mode is ether or if you can set them a bit higher as soon as got mine working properly i just started haveing a play with it
ive wrote down the settings so il have another go with them at the weakend when ive got some more spare time if i dont find a betterway il just keep on useing the ones above which seam to work fine as they are

have fun

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:10 pm
Keep me update aubs123 if you change anything and your reports on how it sounds.
PM me or something. I am not changing my settings now as they are set to work great...

but if you change something and it still sounds good, you and me got similiar setups so... please let know ;-)

Thanks.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:16 pm
Hey,

Can someone tell me what the best settings are for a Maya ex7 soundcard? I've ASIO drivers.

Thanks

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 9:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)