Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Midi problem with v4?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've just upgraded to v4 and I can't seem to get my nuo4 mixer to work?? I had just set it up in v3.4 just before upgrading and now its not working. I've tried enabling it in the config settings and when I run the control lab software that comes with the mixer, it seems to register all signals sent from the mixer fine.

Can someone help me please. I need this sorted for my gig tnite :|

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:01 pm
same here..
and I do have a gig tonight too...

may have to re-install ver 3.4 ....

what a bummer...

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:04 pm
Maybe you can get more help at the Hardware Technical Support Section

I have been having issues as well, but not with MIDI as I haven't tested that yet. Two crashes so far, though where the whole computer froze and I had to manually power off. :-(

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 2:11 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The midi settings for the nuo4 haven't been translated to the new midi settings layout.

You will need to translate it yourself or downgrade to VDJ3.4

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:29 pm
What do you mean by this exactly? Does VDJ still understand MIDI signals from the Nuo4? If so, are they interpreted differently by 4.0? I don't understand why this hasn't been addressed in the new version -- the website advertises the Nuo4 as compatible with VDJ, and it worked well with 3.4...

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:56 pm
that blows...

oh well.. back to version 3.4 for now...

I am tired of looking at this forum hourly now... going to take a vacation from all this and use version 3.4 for now and come back when 4.1 is released.

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 9:58 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That does suck...

Anybody know how to do the translation or can tell specifically which files need to changed? Examples?

:(

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:22 pm
I don't know what they mean by that -- support team please clarify what needs to be done to make the Nuo4 compatible with 4.0!

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:26 pm
Same shit as with 3.0 release!!! needet 4 updates to work stabil.hope it takes not so many this time

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:31 pm
shortcuts_nuo4.xml

This file is the core.

Change shortcuts inside that file to make it work for VDJ4.

Its the mapper for the Nuo.

then load the mapper into VDJ

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 10:35 pm
KaymystPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Fri 25 Aug 06 @ 12:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)