Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Can someone write custom plug-ins for me...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to have three plug-ins written..........anybody do that and if so what do you charge if anything or accept donations?

1) I need a plug-in for when the audio and video crossfaders are linked that when you hit the "crossfade button" the video crossfader will not start to crossfade until the audio crossfader has moved a specified distance. I.e. Lets say you have the auto fade rate set to 3 seconds, and I configure the "delay" to be 60% then once the audio crossfader has crossfaded for 1.8 seconds (60% of 3) then the video crossfader will begin and "catch up" to the audio crossfader as it reaches 100%.

Because the bpm scan and beat lock are far from perfect this would allow those of us who do not have a controller such as the DAC's which allows you to operate things with both hands to make the required beat match adjustments with the mouse on the pitch control and let the video crossfade automatically. As it is now it is impossible to "grab and drag" the video fader and make pitch adjustments at the same time with the same mouse!

2) A "Loop To Cue" button. This plug-in will allow you to jump to a saved cue point and play from there on the fly. I.e. If the "Loop To Cue" button is selected then at any point you hit a saved cue point the video immediately jumps to the cue point and starts playing from that cue point and uses the beat you jumped from as the other loop point. This new loop will continue until you either do another loop or unselect the "loop to cue" button.

3) A "cue lock" button associated with each saved cue point. When the "cue lock button" for a given saved cue point is on you jump to that cue point. If the "cue Lock button" is off then when the saved (or empty) cue point button is pressed it saves that cue point.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 06 @ 5:36 pm
Okay guys why no response to this message? Do these features exists and I just can't find them? Are they impossible to do? Do none of you programming types want to make a couple of bucks? Am I the only one who thinks these features are needed..................or for some reason do you guys just hate me?

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:12 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm sorry for the late answer. Don't worry, we don't hate you ;-D
Some of those things should be good as new features, not as plugins. I'm quite busy at the moment, so I can't develope new plugins, as there are about three running the same time on my VC++ compiler... Maybe someone else has time do do that...

Posted Thu 24 Aug 06 @ 1:32 pm
TexZK, thanks for responding..............let me know if and when you free up some time down the road.

Okay found the "loop to cue" feature called "hot cue" in V4, some of the skins have cue lock so I know that exists somewhere if someone can tell me how to access it (or if you wrote the plug-in how much to buy it) so all I need is #1 below.

1) I need a plug-in for when the audio and video crossfaders are linked that when you hit the "crossfade button" the video crossfader will not start to crossfade until the audio crossfader has moved a specified distance. I.e. Lets say you have the auto fade rate set to 3 seconds, and I configure the "delay" to be 60% then once the audio crossfader has crossfaded for 1.8 seconds (60% of 3) then the video crossfader will begin and "catch up" to the audio crossfader as it reaches 100%.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 11:53 am
Were you able to find a custom plugin developer? I need one also.

Noam

Posted Tue 26 May 09 @ 9:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There are quite a few plugin developers on the forum - you might want to state what you're after since various developers have various skillsets...

Posted Wed 27 May 09 @ 4:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)