Forum: Old versions

Topic: "controller not been detected" error - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ocunHome userMember since 2004
hai, iv'e bought the DJconsole & installed VirtualDJ
when i try to run VDJ i get the logo, & then i get an error:
The controller has not been detected
Please plug the contoller and start VirtualDJ again

problem is, the console IS connected & works perfectly with other programs like the NewDJ 2003 demo..

i've reinstalled VDJ many times, always same error

i've already updated my firmware (version 34) & installed the newest drivers from the hercules website, still the problem remains

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/26/2004, 22:38:18
Machine name: PCWIM
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4
Language: English (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: A7N8X-E
BIOS: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 146MB used, 2314MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

what am i doing wrong here?

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 8:40 pm
Your problem comes from the cracked version you try to install...

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 10:06 pm
ocunHome userMember since 2004
umm, im installing the version from the cd that came with the console.. i had a cracked version once though, uninstalled some weeks ago (i try before i buy) & i can't find any trace of that previous install..

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 11:47 am
cracked versions mess up your system.
sad to say, but you will have problems...

only thing I can say, is that you ask support for "forgiveness", and see if they can help you on this. Go to support and ask them at this adress:
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/e-service/

(be sure not to fall for the temptation of ever installing crack again, your system will be messed up, and there really aren't any support for things messed up by crack, that should in any case be the cracker who should help, and a cracker don't bother...but maybe VDJ team will... don't know)

Posted Sun 27 Jun 04 @ 2:19 pm
KloneXHome userMember since 2004
i got the same message and i have never ever used pirate software!

Somebody please help me!

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 11:02 am

Posted Wed 30 Jun 04 @ 11:19 am
Me to on two different computers. The other software it came with detects the console but not vitual dj hum

Posted Sun 12 Sep 04 @ 5:40 am
obbyHome userMember since 2004
I had this problem, and I found that if I plugged the console into my motherboard's USB port then the console worked, as opposed to the addon USB ports I have.

Dunno if this'll help.

-Rich

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 7:13 am
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
- uninstal VDJ
- go to program files and put your VDJ folder in the bin
- restaur your system (in the configuration panel ) at before the day that you installed your cracked version (never use cracked versions, they really mess up your system )

and now you install your VDJ from your cd

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 7:25 am
TgmessiHome userMember since 2004
Try sticking it into a USB1.1 port instead of a 2.0 port, it worked for me :)

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 4:36 pm
I just got the hercules dj console too and i'm getting the same message. I bought the PC 2nd hand and I assume it had a cracked copy previously instaled on it s I cannot install. I have tried totally reinstalling everything but I cannot get it to work! how can I fix this, if I log a suport ticket what will they tell me to do? I just bought it and really want to start mixing so its driving me mad that I can't play with it!
thanks

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 11:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 11:32 pm
I poster a message saying what happened but what extra detail do you need?

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 11:51 pm
The version of VDJ you have?, the exact errorr?..etc..

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 12:07 am
Note sure as the software never installed properly. I've tried totally uninstalling everyhting, but whats happening now is that when it gets to the stage when it asks you to plug in the console, it just does noting, but my cpu usage is at about 50% to 100%, and it may take 10 minutes untill all the lights on the console flash, then it pops up a message in the bottom taskbar saying USB device not recognised...

Any ideas?
Thanks for your help.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 12:54 am
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but it sounds like you haven't installed the hercules drivers?, you must install the drivers prior to launching VDJ or plugging in the console (until prompted), please try this and report back.

You may see my msn in my blog if you would like better support.

Regards.

Posted Fri 19 Aug 05 @ 1:04 am
OK this is driving me crazy. I have done everyhting possible to remove every trace of the software from my system, I have downloaded the latest drivers, but when it says to plug in the console, it just hands, the lights do not flash, however someotimes if I leave it for 15 minutes it they will flash then. But I cannot get it install.

Can anyone help me?

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 1:40 pm
Perhaps try another usb cable?
disable all background apps including anti virus.

If the problem occurs again contact Hercules directly at their website:

www.hercules.com

It may just well be a faulty console.

Posted Sat 20 Aug 05 @ 4:35 pm
I installed (fortunately) second windows on my laptop.
I am moving all stuff there. All was working fine in both, except yesterday when I bought thomson
5GB mp3player. It was connected but hanged with connecting on display and was not able to install.
When i looked finally in the hardware device manager there was it with the yellow warning icon.
In my fresh install it worked smoothly without drivers as ordinary USB mass storage device.
I wonder why usb memory key is working on both. The windows are XP, latest patches, same install cd.

I suspect it has something to do with services or Motherbouard drivers (for usb).

--- I am no t complaining :-) maybe that info will help you.

So please try to connect your console to other computer if possible (not finetuned with disabled services) or try enabling some services in your windows (start > run >services.msc), reinstalling drivers for motherboard.
Least wanted is reinstalling windows if you have no other option.

And after that i reccommend you to contact hercules, as shipping cost sux, and they'll probably ask you for same steps before proceeding. .

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 12:13 pm
I really doubt it is the USB cable as the light do some on, I recon its a software issue, somehting to do with the previous version on there conflicting. I'm going to try it on a different PC tonight so I'll let you know. It it does work ok on a different PC, then it must be a driver issue. I really don't want to have to wipe and reinstall my entire computer. If anyone knows a way to totally wipe all traced of hercules and VDJ from my PC I would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Aug 05 @ 12:45 pm
87%