Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: (2.0) Beat Synch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just discovered a new proplem with my copy of 2.0

When I hit the "synch" button, ordinarily the track on that particular side will automatically match BPM, and start up in synch with the beat pattern on the other side.

Now with 2.0, (it depends on the song, and there seems to be no logical reason), even though the beat markers are in the right locations in the track (relative to the actual beats), VDJ will start the track TOTALLY out of synch.

It will set the BPM correctly, but start the song so far out that it can't be recovered. ....I mean like 2 1/2 beats out....

The problem is repeteable,.. it will do the same thing consistantly with certain tracks.

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 3:28 pm
i'm not sure...but there is a new beatmatch engine in v2.0..
could be a skin problem (not compatible with new engine)

hope someone can help you on this

Posted Sat 26 Jun 04 @ 4:01 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Happens to me sometimes too.

Proto

Posted Mon 28 Jun 04 @ 3:36 pm
it happen sometimes to me too.....the beat goes out of sync of 1/2 beat....

Posted Mon 05 Jul 04 @ 6:51 pm
It seems to me the sync button tries to match amplitueds of waveforms. So if the first song has bass drum beats squarely on the beat, and the second song has them 1/2 a beat off, the sync buton will match drum beat to drum beat, resulting in the songs being off.

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 5:16 pm
the problem is that vdj uses cgb and beats to sync...
so u must adjust cgb to fit under beats!!

then all works just lovely ;) lol (sync, loops etc)

but it is very important to adjust bpm and cgb for songs, to make vdj run smooth...

read this post :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5408

then all your problems will be history ;)

Posted Fri 16 Jul 04 @ 5:29 pm
Thanks, norway dj,.. however I'm not a *complete* moron!

I have the cbg, bpm, etc.. adjusted properly, and that is not the problem... There is a glich in the programming somewhere.

Posted Sun 18 Jul 04 @ 6:56 pm

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 6:18 pm
hope so too...

but remember.. there is a PITCH and a NUDGE function. If to beats are not PERFECTLY in sync, even if u think you have made the best cbg and bpm's for songs, there might still be use for tiny changes in pitch and nudge to make them perfectly synced...

VDJ does help u a lot, but sometimes u gotta help VDJ too ;)

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 6:48 pm

Look, Norway dj,.. I know you are trying to be helpful, but as I said before, this ain't my first rodeo! I don't know how to make it any plainer for you, but I'll say it again:

No matter how perfectly the cbg, etc... are fine tuned,.. the tracks can start as much as 2 & 1/2 beats out of sync.

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 2:29 am
blackgold9: “…if the first song has bass drum beats squarely on the beat, and the second song has them 1/2 a beat off, the sync buton will match drum beat to drum beat, resulting in the songs being off.”

The VDJ DEV Team should consider adding something like Acid Pro's "Beatmapper" to the software. Anyone who is curious about the product can download a copy of the demo and manual here:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/download/step2.asp?DID=401

Posted Sun 08 Aug 04 @ 5:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)