Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Control with one deck?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is it possible to control VDJ using timecode on one CD player and switch which deck to control in VDJ?

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 11:32 am
I think it dependends on where your audio cables are connected to your sound card, which channels they are connected to.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 12:59 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yep, I did this - it's not too hard.

Setup a couple of keyboard shortcuts - go to turntable controls, and select "timecode active." Set the value to 0, and select the deck you don't want to control with TCV. Be sure to hit this key whenever you start VDJ, so you'll be able to use this deck!

Then go back under turntable, and select clone deck, and setup a keyboard shortcut that clones your tcv deck to your non-tcv deck.

When you are playing, load your first song to the non-tcv deck and start playing. Then load the song you want to mix in to the tcv deck. Once you've mixed it in, hit the clone key, then slide your crossfader over. Your audience won't be able to tell the difference!

The only problem I had was that sometimes, when you clone the deck, it would make a noise! That's ultimately why I stopped doing this - hopefully you will have better luck.

Posted Thu 17 Aug 06 @ 5:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)