Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP - skipping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sinoksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
i know its been around a lot but i have tried a lot of things to get my laptop back in a shape where i can use it for dj-ing. i use a 1.4mhz hp with vdj, and a secondary usb soundcard next to the built in one.
i upgraded mem to 1G but still i have these skippiing problems , and not just in vdj (which was fine for some time) but also in mediaplayer and musicmathc jukebox. i have noticed that during playback the harddisk runs of and on which is in sync with the skipping. so i am sure there is a problem there.
i would have thought that a mp3 would be loaded into memory in one go....but this is not the case apparantly. i tried a lot of the tweak mentioned here, but i am really getting desparate.

any help, tips appreciated.

sino

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 10:35 pm
Been around the block with skipping myself and it can be numerous issues. First check if you have any device conflicts, maybe the soundcard is sharing with the videocard. Do you know how to do this? If not I can post for you. Unfortunately in a laptop it's a very difficult fix. Troubleshoot. Take out the soundcard and use the onboard card. Does it still skip? Take out anything you have plugged into the computer. Does it skip? Disable everything that is not essential to the computer. I've had to reinstall a couple of times on a laptop. It was a pain but worth it in the end. You may want to back everything up and try the reboot disc and start over, but trouble shoot as much as you can. The tweaks never solved one of my skipping issues and I've had several. Good luck. Don't get discouraged.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 6:09 am
sinoksPRO InfinityMember since 2006
thanx for advice - i am done troubel shooting - it apeeared my harddisk was faulty and about to breakdown. put a new one in (double capacity faster drive) and presto success. its a pain though to relaod all the programmes and updates etc.

sino

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 11:48 am
Glad it works. Enjoy the program.

Posted Fri 18 Aug 06 @ 2:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)