Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Completely Off Topic. At least it's not about 4.0.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know i'll get help here. My brother's a trucker and he's looking for a good easy to use GPS program for use on his laptop. Any ideas? I've been googling but there's just too many of them and I don't have time. Or any other solution if not a laptop program.(easy to use)

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 7:54 pm
Route66 is quite popular. Why using a laptop? He could probably better buy a handheld with gps and software installed, like the Mio.
Ewotu

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:03 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TOM TOM or Via Michelin (I think tomtom has both american and european maps, viamichelin has only for europe)

Also tomtom only works from handhelds or compatible phones, viamichelin also has a pc program to import maps to the handheld or to navigate directly with the PC
route66 has only for USA, as far as I know...

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:22 pm
Route66 has also maps for europe. See their website for more info. Michelin is probably also a good option. TomTom however (has very good stand alone products), is not available for laptops.
Ewout

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:28 pm
Damn. Thanks man. You can always count on VDJ forums.

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:30 pm
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I didn't know route66 had european maps... I'll have to check it out...

You always know something new before going to sleep :P

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 8:43 pm
I agree with all of the preceding suggestions, however, they are a little expensive... I use microsoft streets and trips which costs 32 dollars, and it gets me everywhere I need to go..

I'm a big geocacher, so I use the software constantly... it's been good to me...

Posted Wed 16 Aug 06 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)