Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MK2 Compatible microphones?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all,

I posted this in the Hardware Forum a while ago and I never received any answer, so I thought someone over here might be able to help me:

'Does anyone know what specs does a mic need to have in order to work well with the MK2? Does anyone use microphones with the console and if so, any recommendations?'

I basically need the mic to record radio sessions that will be posted to my former radio in my home country...

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Posted Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 8:38 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think that any mic can be used, just don't buy a condesator one because you need a pre-amp for it and it is for studio use only. I suggest you to get a external mixer for this with EQ's for the mic for the best results.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 2:24 am
Many thanks for your answer. Would you recommend any brand or any particular model?

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 5:11 pm
Many radio stations use condensors (my former teacher said his stations use nothing but). However, you would need an extra sound board with phantom power to use it. It's a high quality way to go, but the drawback is your in studio levals would have to stay relativly low to avoid feedback (through monitor speakers anyway). So aside from condensors, I'd recommend a hypercardoid dynamic. Shure makes excellent dynamic mics, just stay away from cheap off brand mics. Though I have gotten good results from the "on stage" mic that came with my mic stand;^]

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 5:33 pm
i will definiteley check those. thanks for the advice again.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 10:41 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ANY MIC CEPT A CONDENSER BECAUSE THE MK2 DOESNT HAVE A 48V PHANTOM POWER UNIT

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 11:41 pm
ktilakPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Shure is the way to go. great mics... just make sure you get vocal mics... not the instrument ones with flat tops.. though they do work, vocal ones are really great and built for that

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 6:05 am
thanks for the advice again, guys. i've had a look at the shure website and the mics look great. I'll have a go and get one in ebay. Do you recommend any particular model? thereĀ“s a pretty big offer there...

Posted Fri 11 Aug 06 @ 6:24 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Mon 21 Aug 06 @ 1:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)