Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO Timecode - Dual SBLive running Kx Drivers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I am hoping somebody can help me with my setup. After a lot of troubleshooting, I now have 2 SBLive:Value cards installed in my machine running the Kx Drivers. They are installed and working fine. I can choose either one in the Kx Mixer. I have the output from each Timecode source connected to a LineIn jack on its own SBLive. The output from each SBLive (Front or Rear, I\'ve tried both configurations) are connected to a Line Channel on my External Mixer. I\'m trying to use each soundcard as a separate Channel. I cleared the DSP Config for both cards and started from scratch. I started with Prolog, Epilog, and FXBus only. I mapped the Ac97 L/R to ASIO 0/1 for the first SBLive. Then, on the second SBLive I mapped AC97 L/R to ASIO 2/3. I\'ve tried several differnt ways to map both SBLive from Epilog to the FXBus for Output, but I can only get the first SBLive to Output. One other really strange thing is that If I choose KxASIO as the soundcard I can\'t get any Timecode signal using \"Left:ASIO 1/2 - Right:ASIO 2/3\" as Input and Output. If I install ASIO4All and Enable both SBLive cards, I can get a perfect 100% Timecode signal on each channel, but the Output is still only 1 channel. If someone could help me with the DSP and mixer setup using the SBLive Kx Drivers It would be greatly appreciated. BTW, I have onboard Nvidia Soundstorm Audio that I will use for all other Audio. The SBLive cards will only be used for ASIO Timecode purposes. Thanks for your help.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 4:17 pm
The problem is that you can't use the 2 decks in asio mode if you don't have the pro version, demo only works with one deck and for 5 minutes.

manquin DJ.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 7:10 pm
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I do have the Pro version. I didn't register it yet b/c I might try to return it if I can't get it to work. I really hope I can get it to work though, b/c it seems like a sweet addition to my mixing.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 06 @ 10:32 pm
ok, then do this, go to your profile and enter your serial number and you'll have full acces to everthing (blogs, plugins, etc), although for working with tcvs I would recommend you the audigy x-fi platinum, it has native asio drivers.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 12:58 am
billymiller wrote :
Hi, thanks for the quick response. I do have the Pro version. I didn't register it yet b/c I might try to return it if I can't get it to work. I really hope I can get it to work though, b/c it seems like a sweet addition to my mixing.

It works just fine with one SBlive, so why use two?! Your excuse for being known as a 'no license user' is rather thin IMO.. sounds to me you're fishing to get a warez version going..

Register your pro copy and we'll be happy to help out..

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:43 pm
I guess that his problems are because of the kx drivers besides his "pro version".

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:51 pm
Why not.. the kX drivers are way better then the native SB ones.. lower Latency, hell even sound better

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:52 pm
well one time I had lots of problems with those drivers and my soundblaster live, but when I installed asio4all it all went fine.

Posted Thu 10 Aug 06 @ 7:54 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I also have a lot of problem with KX drivers, and use ASIO4ALL, but after installing X-Fi Platinum (even Audigy 2 ZS Platinum) the sound was superb in every way. I don't use other drivers than which cames with my soundcard.

By the way Audigy 2 ZS Platinum will be fully compatible with the next version of VDJ.

Good Luck!

Posted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 1:51 am
I did figure out how to route the kx DSP so that I can get ASIO4All working. 1 channel per SBLive card. I still can't get it to work without ASIO4All. I'm trying to get the routing down so that I can have better latency using kxASIO only.

Posted Sat 12 Aug 06 @ 2:53 pm
you need to map manually in registry in order to tell vdj which channels are assigned for in and out.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:24 pm
I do not understand the problem with kX you're having. After a clean install, without any other changes it presents a separate ASIO device for each available outputs (in stereo pairs). No need to fiddle with the DSP settings at all..

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 9:30 pm
There doesn't seem to be many options to choose from when selecting ASIO Channels. Left 1/2 - Right 2/3, Right 1/2 - Left 2/3, and Activate Decks. I have each SBLive (Line-In) mapped to ASIO 0/1 for the left deck and ASIO 2/3 for the right deck. With this setup I can control the left deck, but not the right. They're mapped using the ProFX in kx as well. I use a Peak on each channel in the DSP to monitor the Timecode signal and It's perfect, but not Perfect in VDJ. I have the Rear Outputs mapped to the FXBus. FXBus 0/1 seems to work for the Left channel, but I can't get anything for the Right. Any ideas what the heck I'm doing wrong?

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 10:26 pm
billymiller,
strange that you did managed to set it up that way, while advanced soundcard configuration is not available in the demo version?
The Demo version only support 1 master output. Time code is limited to 1 deck and only for 5 minutes.
Ewout

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 11:13 pm
I do have the Advanced Soundcard configuration under soundcard setup, but there isn't many options when I click on the Timecode Vinyl section and enter the ASIO Setup.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 11:45 pm
Are you using a cracked version? If so we can't give you any help.
Ewout

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:09 am
Indeed, the demo version does not support dual output anyway.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:47 am
I have dual output, just not when using TCV. I can't configure it properly.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:30 pm
That's what I told you at the beginning of the post, demo version doesn't support 2 outputs

Manquin DJ wrote :
The problem is that you can't use the 2 decks in asio mode if you don't have the pro version, demo only works with one deck and for 5 minutes.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 6:58 pm
billymiller wrote :
I have dual output, just not when using TCV. I can't configure it properly.

You cannot have dual output on the demo version, please enter your serial# in your profile so we know you're not using a warez version..

Posted Tue 15 Aug 06 @ 1:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)