Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skipping issue IRQ problem help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys i currently have a Toshiba Satellite laptop.....Pentium4...3.2ghz, and 448mb RAM......I encountered skipping issues wiht the vdj and i read about all the tweaks you can do to your system to make the vdj run as smooth as possible..... I did every single tweak in the book except for the IRQ problem.....

I currently know have 2 sound cards with my comp.....a Realtek AC97 Audio card that came with the laptop (not as good a card) numbered at IRQ 17 along with three card reader controllers on irq 17....

I also have another soundcard Creative SB Audigy 2 which is a pcmcia card hooked up on the card slot on the side of my comp....This is the main card i want to use because it is much better sounding than the card that comes with my laptop...Now the Problem comes which it has to be the problem for my skipping is that since the audigy soundcard is in pcmcia spot it shows up on IRQ 16 along with a "ene cb-cardbus controller" and my graphics card Ati mobility radeon 9000 igp.......

I am almost 90% positive the skipping comes from having my graphics card and my external soundcard being under the same IRQ....I read the forums and there was no clear explanation on what to do because i cant open up my laptop and switch slots and i cant just
:disable my graphics card.......is there any solution to this problem or iff i buy vdj will the skipping be there becuase the iqr problem.......help..anyone!!

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 3:39 am
ALSO......i have no idea what it means if im using my Audigy soundcard with ASIO drivers or not......I just installed the soundcard with the cd it came with is that a problem?

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 4:52 am
shit one more thing guys.....Also......im getting a BCD2000 in like 2 weeks......that comes with a soundcard in it.....does that mean that i can throw away the audigy and use bcd's soundcard and not have any problem with skipping?

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 5:08 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
try uninstalling your hardware, when windows finds it again it should give it a new IRQ (in most cases)
add a lil more ram 448mb probably means your video card is using shared memory (kinda wierd for an ati)
ASIO is only needed for timecode not to run the program by itself , if your looking to play around with timecode I suggest maybe a u46dj card
Before you run off and buy the BCD2000 read through the forums alot of users seem to dislike it
***hope everything works out, maybe we can see you as a full user soon

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 5:17 pm
Hey....tried to re-install driver but still goes back to the same IRQ as my graphics card...i guess theres no way of changing it to a diff irq and it will always skip....this is kind of a big problem : (

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 7:37 pm
Try clearing the escd from your bios

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 9:47 pm
how do i do that

Posted Sat 29 Jul 06 @ 10:55 pm
u have to get into ur bios (maybe f2 or delete key while u first start your computer) careful not to mess around with any other settings just look for the update escd

Posted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 2:53 am
You said that you have 2 soundcards having an IRQ conflict. Just remove 1 of them, while your Demo version of VDJ just supports one soundcard.

Trying to solve this problem, will take lots of time and effort. Better could be to get a 5.1 soundcard. These are cheap and you won't need the second soundcard anymore.

Keep in mind that you will still need the full version to use multiple outputs (For mixer use or prelisten).
Ewout

Posted Sun 30 Jul 06 @ 3:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)