Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: headphones & virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

fx_djHome userMember since 2006
In order to have the possibilety to make a pre-listening with the headphones when I'm mixing, what do I specifically need? - just a sound card with 4 or more audio ouputs? - perhaps another version of the software?

Posted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 8:33 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
MK2 already has headphones out. You don't need any other sound card. If you have MK2 withoput sound card inside, you will need only 4.1 ound card. And pro version of software.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 06 @ 10:12 am
is the sound blaster x-fi platinum sound tarjet compatible for making the pre-listening while mixing a session?

Posted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 10:06 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can use every 4.0 - 4.1 - 5-1 or 7.1 (X-Fi Platinum) sound card with the relative ASIO driver installed.
If you don't have asio driver try www.asio4all.com and connect your amplifier into the front output and the headphone in the rear output of the sound card.
The PRO version is not necessary for your setup and you can read here http://www.virtualdj.com/products/djcedition.html the DJ console edition limitation.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 10:49 am
thanx a lot dude! it's been really helpfull :D

Posted Tue 25 Jul 06 @ 1:20 pm
i have problems with headphones and dj console if i connect the headphone in the specifical emplacement i can only listen what speakers diffuse

Posted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 6:08 pm
You don't need asio drivers to use headphone prelistening so you won't need asio4all, it's easier to use the default wdm drivers anyway as they are designed for windows os and are a newer more stable format (in my experience), this is not to say that they are better, but just easier.

What you do need is Virtual DJ Professional, or a Hercules Mk2 console (do you have this? - it seems all Herc consoles use the Mk2 icon now..), but then you are limited to the console and your soundcard doesn't come into it.

Posted Thu 27 Jul 06 @ 6:15 pm
Hi there,
Im not too sure about technical stuff but I am using version 3.0.0.0 or something like that of virtual dj and want to be able to use headphones - i only have a stereo out, how do i use headphone? is it a stereo splitter i need? if so where could i get one?

or, could i use the hercules dj control mp3 that i was reading about on the site?

ive currently been using cds to dj but now i want to change to laptop- but not very up to date on technical side yet!

Thanks

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:35 am
greedle1986 wrote :
I am using version 3.0.0.0 or something like that

Stop using a cracked version

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 11:36 am
OK, I was given it by a friend i didnt realise it was a pirate

Posted Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 12:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)