Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Solved my TCV Skipping problems!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yes, I can now scratch without worrying about it skipping around. What headshell did i buy? What magic cartridge am I using? None. My solution cost me, wait for it...... 50 cents.

I taped a quarter onto each headshell, and the extra weight keeps it in the groove even with my cheap needles. Maybe that's obvious to everyone, but it wasnt to me. Hope that helps somone.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 4:17 pm
Glad you got it working, but that's bad for your carts and vinyl. What some people do instead is reverse the counter-weight (i.e. attach it the wrong way) and screw it all the way in.

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:23 pm
Yeah, a nickel is more pressure than you want and a quater will wear out your carts quick. My 680hp's came with little magnets to use if needed on top of the headshells but I haven't needed them. If it starts skipping for me I just do as andrew said and move my counterweights in closer to the pivot point;^]

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:56 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
for some reason my needles hardly ever skip now but when they were new they would easily on baackspins.

maybe im better at scratching and gernaly manipulating TCV now and im not so cack handed.

maybe the grooves are now deeper, maybe the needles have worn more pointed (think they are spherical not conical) who knows!!!!!!

Posted Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 11:57 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
well the lunar orbit is much closer this month which could cause increased performance with vdj tcvs :)

Posted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 4:46 am
the lunar orbit... lol ;)

Posted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 10:07 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
everytime that lunar orbit take place my needles work better but my wife gets an attitude :)

Posted Fri 21 Jul 06 @ 3:14 pm
hehe.. yeah... that happens every once in a month ;) lol

Posted Sat 22 Jul 06 @ 5:54 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol its like that old programmers joke,

IBM once released a product manual that stated that reliability would be affected by temperature, moisture, how many knocks and bumps the employess gave it by accident etc and also the 'phase of the moon' basicly saying goodness only knows why it sometimes works and sometimes it doesnt. its like the RAF pilots blaming unexplainable probems in aircrafts on mythical creatures called gremlins during the second world war

Posted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:39 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol , i think i saw those gremlins on my old PC

Posted Sun 23 Jul 06 @ 8:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)