Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PROBLEMS WHEN I RECORD....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok all...

I tried to record....everything sounds great during my mix....

but when i play it back after its recorded..you can hear my transition like I heard them when I was recording...they start to transition into the next song but then quicky jump into the next song ..they didnt while I was recording?

also in the recording...it recorded what I was sampling in my headset?

whats up?

maybe when im mixing i should be using the crossfader instead of the gains to transition? i always leave the crossfader in the middle and only use the gains?

help

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:28 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
wow yes ...u should use the fader to blend...much easier and will fix the recording the cue problem also u might want to check ur record config. and make sure its set for main

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:37 am
where do i set record config to main?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:39 am
im trying lots of things and nothing
when i am in record....the song sounds like it just cuts off when i play it back but it doesnt sound like that during the record...the record is still picking up my headset..if im sampling a song to play next...it records it over the track?

maybe its the fade length? how many seconds?

also
what should the configuration for the croassfader be? smooth? cut? scratch?full?

hmmmm

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:27 am
I had this problem and I thought my crossfader was leaking and bought a new mixer. Shortly after, I realized I had left the configuration in Record as "Master" instead of "line in". Maybe this is your problem. Cause remember now your sound is coming from the mixer not from within the computer. Try setting it to line in, then connect your mixers record out or booth out to your computers mic in or line in. That's how I record. Ope this helps.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 7:24 am
hows ur sound card setup? ..... 4.1?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 8:29 am
@phillydj - my sound card is not 4.1....(my receiver and speakers are 5.1) its set to the one directly below 4.1

@manatoe - I dont know where to set record to "line in" where do i do this?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:16 pm
sorry i mispelled your name above Mantahoe

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 2:23 pm
u can set the record prefences on the actual record tab just look over where it says start recording..

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:38 pm
i think part of the issue might be my mixing..im new to this..so im not sure of when to fade/transition etc...its all in the finger movements that i need to get down....

how how should the gain be when your crossfading etc....ill get it soon i hope

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:44 pm
u mean channel level? place the channel level so that both songs are equal ..u can always tell if one songs a lil louder than the other, so with that in mind dont have the levels all the way up. then you cant adjust if u have to go higher

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 3:49 pm
yea i guess channel level..on my mixer they are labeled "gain" for each channel...

what im doing is starting song 1 then and my crossfader is all the way to 1 as well as the volume for song 1 "gain" is all the way up....

when i want to go to song 2...crossfader goes to the middle to transition the other song in...song 1 "gain" goes down to level 8 volume... then i turn up the gain on song 2 and then turn the gain or volume down on song 1 turn up volume on song 2 and crossfader goes all the way over to 2..

make sense?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:01 pm
Are u using an external mixer or am i just lost?

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 7:49 pm
I sounds to me like he is using both the gain sliders and the crossfader. Here is what you need to do... Leave the Gain levels alone and just use the crossfader to fade the sound between deck and deck 2. Only adjust the gains if your track seems to be too loud or not loud enough. Don't use them to actually mix the track.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 8:27 pm
I think i got it now..it only took about 8 hours..lol

I messed up..my channels levels are not gains..the word gain is written right above them but it is not for the channel levels..either I am a freak or the company that made my misxer did a ass backwards job...but all seems well....I think its also just me trying to get used to mixing....thanks for all the help!

Posted Fri 07 Jul 06 @ 12:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)