Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is this right ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

simonswHome userMember since 2006
Hey

I have now connectet the turntables in to my line in on my hercules console.

then i should connect ( with a phono cable ) the mixer and the hercules console.
i do that by putting the phono cable from the output on my hercules and into the line in on my mixer.. is this right ?

sorry for my bad english .. :(

EDIT:
And is it right that i need two phono cables on for each out put on the hercules ?

BTW, its a numark battlepack 4 http://www.music123.com/Numark-Battle-Pack-DJ-Package-i44063.music

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 6:22 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Turntable -- (stereo RCA cable) -- MK2 line in
MK2 line out -- (stereo RCA cable) -- mixer line in

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 7:37 pm
so your saying its the right way have done it ?

And can i have my speakers pluged in to my hercules console, or should the be pluged into the mixer ?

btw.. thx

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 7:44 pm
Speakers (amplifier) should be pluged into main out of mixer.

You wrote PHONO cable. Actually it should be stereo :) double RCA

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 7:56 pm

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:16 pm
You will need RCA (male) to minijack (female) adapter. Or look at back side of sourround amplifier, it maybe has RCA inputs so you will need only RCA stereo cable.

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:21 pm

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 8:23 pm

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 9:14 pm
this one:

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 12:37 am
Or if your mixer has balanced XLR outputs, (1/4" plugs), what I did was buy 2 1/4" male to 1/8" female adapters, and plugged my front input for my speakers (green) to the right output and my rear input (orange) to the left output. Worked for me, and if your speakers are set up right, gives a pretty sweet 3D surround effect.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 12:58 am
thx.
but xeon. I have two mini jacks.. and the picture your showing. there are only one hole to the mini jack.. :S

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 6:21 am
How many speakers do you have in souround?? You will be able to connect only stereo speakers (so 2 of them) to mixer, not whole 4 or 5 or whatever you have in case you don't have stereo input at sorround amplifier.

It seems your speakers have cables to plug them into your sound card, but you can do two things.

1) You can connect main out at mixer to line in at your internal sound card. Then you may get 2x stereo out if your sound card support that, so you will need to connect your speakers to internal sound card line out (where you have at least 2 line outs - for 2 cables).

2) You can buy Y-splitter (minijack male stereo to 2 x minijack female stereo) and plug it into that hole for minijack (look at picture). That you will get 2 holes for your cables.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 11:04 am
Okay just so it is clear :)

I can only connect stereo to the mixer unless i have a stereo input on my sorround amplifier. witch i dont.

? :)

btw. i have 5 speakers and a sub in my sourond sound.

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 4:18 pm
okay i how now buy the cable ( a splitter.. )

but why would it only work when i have it on "WDM" in my Hercules Mk2 settings.

should it not stand on asio when i am using timecoded vinyls ( witch i havent got yet, the post service is very slow )

:S

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 5:32 pm
The best option will be to connect all speakers of sourround to your internal sound card and connect main out at mixer to line in at sound card, otherwise you won't get sub and center speaker working.

It should stay at ASIO to run TCVs

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 7:23 pm
okay, but only when i play tcv ? when i am just wanna listen to a song in winamp it must stay on WDM because it wil begin to make a noise... ?

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 9:03 pm
no, you can use ASIO all the time. What noise are you talking about?

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 9:07 pm
just a constant noise. just like when your watching tv and there is nothing on the channel :S

you know what i meen ?

what can it be ? could it be a ground problem ? do i need to ground it in some way ?

it cant even play a song in winamp with asio on. it says something about a wave out put.

Picture off my settings. in mk2 settings.
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/8192/mk26lv.jpg

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 9:59 pm
Don't really know where is the problem.. I don't have MK2, but with MK1 i don't have problems. Maybe someone else can help???

Posted Wed 05 Jul 06 @ 10:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)