Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: when your at a gig....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

and u start to skip..any tricks to cover up and rebound?

Posted Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 9:38 pm
Never happened to me. I have always 2 cd players available, which could be used as backup.
Ewout

Posted Mon 03 Jul 06 @ 9:52 pm
Pre-cued CD's, but I don't get skipping... touch wood :D

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 12:47 am
I never have skippings either.... would not use it live if I did :)

But turn off background apps, remove spyware, keep PC clean as possible....

And if you do have a clean pc, check hardware conflicts (IRQ sharing)

Skipping should not happen, and if it does, there is a reason for it...

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 1:24 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
has'nt ever happen to me ..but u might wanna check the posts on tweaking your Pc

Posted Tue 04 Jul 06 @ 6:51 pm
in case of a crash, i normally have another instance of vdj running in the background. One crashes, just pull up my backup copy and away i go. Do some mic-covering and you can survive it.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 4:40 pm
my biggest recommendation would be (if you have a laptop and a desktop) to use the laptop only for djing, and nothing else. on my laptop i have windows xp pro, tweaked using the tips from musicxp.net, and only one other program, virtual dj. my hard drive containing my mp3s is external so nothing touches my laptops hard drive, and it NEVER connects to the internet. this weekend is my first proper testing of vdj, but i've been messing about with it at home and so far so good, i'm pretty confident that i won't have any problems.

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 5:15 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i posted about that before secretsoul. your right your dj laptop or pc should be used for nothing else. and you shouldnt run into any problems,.....back on topic a 2nd instance of Vdj is a good idea, but u dont have to have it running in the background..it opens up pretty quick when it has to, just click on the windows key if the current vdj is frozen, to bring up the 2nd instance, then use the task manager to stop the first one after the 2nd is fully loaded and operating...also u have to enable multi instance

Posted Thu 06 Jul 06 @ 5:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)