Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mp3's are taking too long to load - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi all,

I've just had reformatted my computer, I've reinstalled vdj but now it's takes too long for the mp3's to load, it's driving me mental. Mp3's loaded within seconds before.. Now it's taking up to 5 mins so the tune's run out before the other has loaded! I've loads more space on my HD now and is less cluttered, but vdj is running worse! Any help appreciated please

Cheers..x

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 11:51 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
try to optimizing the system (see my blog) and search the forum. there were post how to spead up loading time.

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 2:26 pm
Ok, found another post with the same probs and someone recommended the speedload tweak.

Can someone tell me how this is done?

Thanks..x

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 4:04 pm
I think there will be a simpler solution:
In the config menu, select the video tab, deselect the "Active" check box under "Video output". Note that when you load a video file, it will be switched on again.
Ewout

Posted Wed 07 Jun 06 @ 4:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If your songs aren't scanned by advance, use the "techno/house" option in the Fame VDJ settings. It will load the song faster

Posted Fri 09 Jun 06 @ 12:35 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
5 minutes is stil faster than searching in your recordcase, getting it out and place it on the tt.
lol...
just kidding mate..

i wonder what's the issue.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 8:30 am
Haha!

Still taking too long to load, the tunes have already been analysed, I can understand it, was fine before reformatting, except for a small freeze as one tune finished..

Now as the tunes aren't loading quick enough it sounds terrible and skips as vdj tries to load it up.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 12:21 pm
Have you installed your motherboard and soundcard drivers? Do similar problems exist in other programs?

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 12:33 pm
Hi,

I've had a similar problem when I used other software and had to minimize VDJ. Is that your case? if so, all you have to do is reload both songs in the decks and things should be ok. Now understand that this is the cowboy way to go... if you are live, youll need a bit of talent to make it unoticable, but its possible. I just start a sample and sync it with the next tracks.

Hope this helped.
Karlo.

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 1:34 pm
if you use video in your mix, the speedload will be turned off, to prevent skips in videos....

So mp3's will load slower if you have been using videos... thats intentional.

If you have a real powerfull pc, you can turn the protection off

Posted Sun 11 Jun 06 @ 3:38 pm
The video part isn't activated, I've never played a video on it.

My computer is pentium 4 CPU 1700MHz, 1.69GHz, 640mb ram

Never had a problem before, just since I reformatted :(

Any other suggestions peeps?

xxx

Posted Mon 12 Jun 06 @ 1:42 am
I've looked at task manager when vdj is on, it's using between 80% - 100% of my CPU. This cant be normal?

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 3:20 pm
Did you try to optimizing your system? Ok maybe it seems that i am telling this again and again, but it just helps!

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 3:36 pm
Yes, read your blog and followed as many of them as I could.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 3:45 pm
Write just in short points what problems do you still have. It will be much easier to get solutions.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 4:28 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
sounds like maybe a driver problem i had the same problem till i updated my ati drivers and got rid of the catylst sofware.. the registry tweak did help alot u can search for speedload tweak in the forums

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 8:35 pm
@xeon : I put an mp3 in deck A, it loads slowly (I've tried waiting for this to load fully before playing too), I play this for a bit, then put my next tune in to load up, this loads even slower, so by the time I'm cueing the next track in, the mp3 hasn't fully loaded, and it sounds like a record gettting stuck! it's impossible to get past 2 tracks without it doing this.

@phillydj: Hi, I've looked for this speedload tweak and cant find it, can you give me a link for it please?

Also, I've noticed since I reformatted that it didn't install the driver for intergrated soundcard as I never use that soundcard it hasn't bothered me, maybe that's something to do with it? I also have a creative soundblaster soundcard for which the drivers are up to date. Also the Hercules driver is their most recent.

Cheers, Bex..x

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 10:40 pm
If you don't use internal sound card, just disable it in bios and windows if it is possible. or better: updare its drivers and then see if it work for start )

Posted Tue 13 Jun 06 @ 11:54 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 5:30 pm
Cheers mate, will let you know how I get on :)

Posted Wed 14 Jun 06 @ 11:04 pm
65%