Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO support in 2.0??? yes or no?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First of all i want to send a big T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U. to the developers of version 2.0.

I am very happy with the VST-plugin-support (i have loads of ;)

i tried the brandnew 2.0 on my Hercules console last night. everything works just fine, but 1 thing didn't :(

The 'What's new' section of the manual says that there is ASIO-support added to 2.0 I was very happy to read that! like a gift from heaven. So i fired up my computer, set Hercules to ASIO-mode, started VDJ 2.0 .....
vdj didn't start, it gave an direct-x error. when i put the Hercules console back to DJ-mode, vdj runs just fine.

So i am a bit disapointed here, suspecting that there is no ASIO-support at all. Is there anyone else having this problem?

Posted Tue 15 Jun 04 @ 6:41 am
this message has been read 64 times in 2 days. still no-one has posted any messages regarding this problem.

i guess i'm the onlyone having this trouble?

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 7:10 am
NOT AT ALL!! :)

I have the same problem... and been reading your post many times, to see if there was posted any solution..

Asio doesn't work for me too... :(

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 7:17 am
yep... not working for me either... I think DJ Morris has posted in the "Bugs" Forum, that we need to use ASIO4ALL to make it work. But to me this makes no sense, since A4A is ment for soundhardware without ASIO drivers. Weired....

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 8:58 am
somehow it's a relief to see that i'm not the onlyone =)

i already send a request to support-staff. they answered that they have forwarded my case to the developers-team.

we will have to wait till next release, where they'll probably include a patch to fix this (no guarentees).

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 11:03 am
hope so... Asio support could fix some issues when using VST, VDJ and Hercules :)

Posted Thu 17 Jun 04 @ 3:44 pm
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It may have something to do with the console being in advanced mode and not ASIO mode at a guess? Obviously you have tried that?

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 6:38 pm
hehe....Tried that :)
of course :)

Posted Fri 18 Jun 04 @ 6:39 pm
Spindem, read my first post in this topic again..
i've tried that ;)

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 9:02 am
lzapHome userMember since 2004
It is a problem in the ASIO drivers of the console. People from Hercules have told me they DO NOT PLAN TO FIX THE UNSTABLE DRIVERS, BUT THEY KNOW IT. WE SHOULD USE DIRECTX MODE FOR MIXING.

Try to run other ASIO applications and find yourself! 80% crashes at the start and 20% after some time. Horrible, please send some e-mails to Hercules, we must BOMB them...

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 7:52 pm
thats new... if this is true, thanx for telling.. :)

Posted Thu 22 Jul 04 @ 10:39 pm
Hi Everyone,

As a Hercules guy I wanted only to dispel the rumor that we are not working on a fix for the ASIO troubles with our latest driver release.

In fact our driver guys are on the case and we hope that a release could be tested and out to you in as early as a month. We intend to solve this ASIO instability for the next release.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 2:12 pm
very nice to hear Master Z :)

glad to see a Hercules guy here at forum ...
thanx for a cool device, i'm having fun ;)

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 2:18 pm
im guessing asio will improve scratch latency? (Guessing,hoping, same thing)

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 11:12 pm
yeah... think asio will

also read my update in the scratch post in general forum, found a nice trick ;)

Posted Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 1:25 pm
I still have no luck with asio in the new version. Anyone else got the same problem?

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 1:52 am
Hey I just got the same problem as you guys and I tried to instal everything again but my problem don't seems to go away. I hope someone can help me.The moment I start my VDJ I get an error (error in the sound driver of direct x)and if I change my settings to advanced than I can't juse my headphone anymore.

Posted Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 8:21 pm
ASIO works for me wit the gigaport. I am not running 6 channels of it.

Posted Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 12:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)