Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: upgrade 2.0-database??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

is the new verion 2.0 reading my old database?or do i have to convert it?or is all the information gone!!!

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 8:06 pm
new version is reading old database... no problems at all there, dont worry :)

It also looks like it's making a new version of your database in a smaller XML-file, but still leaves your old database there, intact, so no worries :)

Think the new XML format is for "allow easy editing, merging, export, etc..." ( quote from new features of VDJ 2.0)

But anyway, it works fine, all info from old database is saved to new database with no problems :)

Dj in norway

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 9:02 pm
Not here. I had an issue and had to redo the old database. Just to make sure I saved my old database, reinstalled and transplanted it after a fresh install and the program would not start up. I waitin almost 30 minutes and only the spashscreen was up. Once I redid the database everything has seemed fine.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 9:47 pm
Strange...
Did you re-scan the harddisk after install?

You have to do a RESCAN of HD, but all old database information was intact and saved to the new XML database file. It should work for you too...

If not, try copy old database (I always keep a backup just in case of a crash or other thing that can destroy database) into installed folder, DELETE THE NEW XLS DATABASE and rescan again.
It should work... worked like a charm for me :)

Dj in norway

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 10:37 pm
ok thank`s

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 10:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)