Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help me on Hardware Config (Noob here)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Guys !

First of all i´m thinking to buy Virtual DJ 3.4 for a "home" use.
I´m only want to play for hooby. I don´t want any professionl advice... i want only to you guys to help me setup my lap top to play "as DJ" with my friends.

I´m from Brazil...and i don´t want to spend too much money and I DON´T HAVE too many "way out" to buy a right USB Sound Card... My only choices here is SOUND BLASTER ones..
I don´t have access to any other brand of USB Sound Card.

I bought recently one HP DV8000z lap top
There´s a "suckon" sound card onboard called CONEXANT AMC Audio.
There´s ONLY one LINE OUT (Called "Headphone out w/ SPDIF Digital Audio")
So i guess my sound board is NOT a 4.1 or more channels outs....
Any details you can found here:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks/hp_pavilion/dv8000_series&series_name=dv8000z_series&catLevel=3&tab_switch=true&tab=specs

So i think i cannot use the headphone (for me only listen) / master (for the people listen)
Is that ok ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There´s the USB SOUND BLASTER who i have access.

- Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit External (USB)
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=206&product=10702

- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX (USB)
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=205&product=9103
(I think this is too much expensive for me too)

- Sound Blaster MP3+
http://br.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=2&subcategory=18&product=154&nav=features
( I think this is a 2 channel out only ! i think i only work with i use my ON BOARD sound for headphone and this sound card to master... ok ? or not ?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My questions:

- How workd this called "STEREO SPLITTER" ?
I have to bought some "hardware" do put headphone/master together ?
I have a "simple splitter" that i use on my IPOD to work 2 headphones at the same time.
Is this work for me ?

- Can i use one of that above USB cards from Sound Blaster AND my on board sound together in VDJ ?

- I dont want to do professional sound.. but theses USB cards will "make" a sound at least
"regular" or "good"

Help me please and sorry for my bad english..

Thanls to all

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 8:12 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hi the only way you'll be able to have the Cue ability of the headphones is by buying the program..the demo version has this feature disabled

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 8:14 pm
Yeah... O know that..
And i don´t question on that topic...

But if you know...please...answer my other questions... ;)

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 8:24 pm
Other thing...

I cant "figure out" how can this work..

For example...

To do this "STEREO SPLITTER" i have to "have" a "special cable" or something like that !???

I have one cable that connects to any line out of a sound card ( sorry..i dont know how to call that plug) and in the end have 2 other connectors (i think it´s called RCA) that i usually plugs in my stereo system (LEFT / RIGHT)

So i suppose that one channel (for example the LEFT) goes do a HEADPHONE and another channel (for example the RIGHT) goes to MASTER (stereo system)

So.. i have to found 2 adapters.
- One to make 1 RCA to 2 RCA (for the Stereo System)
- Other to make 1 RCA to HEADPHONE ( i have a HEADPHONE whichs use the SAME PLUG of the sound board or a IPOD for example..i don´t know the name)

Is that TRUE ?

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 9:27 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 11:06 pm

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 11:21 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
oh yes, it is for home edition users only... you won't be able to use this option in trial version! you have to buy it! i can add those pics to my blog just to see what is stereo splitter if you want.

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 11:25 pm
Oh Yeah !

If you do that i will thank you !

I know that option is only for the FULL version.

My question is about the "hardware" (cables , plugs etc) and not for the "software" (for example options>stereo splitt etc....bla bla bla)

Thank you very much Xeon

Posted Thu 01 Jun 06 @ 11:55 pm
Hello fellas

Anyone can give me a advice about this product ?

I found a USB Zalman ZM-RSSC to buy here.....

Here are the specs..

Input 1 USB Connection Port(USB 1.1/2.0 Compatible)
Output 3.5mm Stereo Jack x3(Front, Rear, Center/Subwoofer)
0.6W per channel, 1 Digital Port (Both Optical & Coaxial, capable of outputting 5.1 channels)
Chipset Sonix 5.1 Sound
Sampling Rate 24bit 96KHz D/A & A/D Converte
Size 80 (W) x15 (H) x 108 (D) mm
Power Consumption Minimum 3.3V, 150mA (Standard 5V, 500mA)

and a photo
http://www.zalman.co.kr/images/product_img/audio/ZM-RSSC_ins_2.gif

Works well ?

Posted Tue 06 Jun 06 @ 5:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)