Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Joggle Nudge/scratch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Loved the hercules skin :)

But many skins don't have the option of juggle nudge/scratch for jog-wheels (think pioneer skin of Fruit is the only one I've seen).

is it possible to make keyboard shortcut for this function, to use with skins that don't have a joggle visible?

Dj in norway

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 2:31 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
On the hercules Skin? sure?

Maybe you should have a look at it one more time (joggle nudge/scratch on the right)

:)

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 6:52 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TASCAM skin can also switch between these two modes.

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 11:21 am
hehe... I know you can do this with Hercules skin, and with skins Fruit made, and maybe others too :)

But - for skins that DO NOT have the option there, can I make a keyboard shortcut to joggle between scratch & nudge? thats what I meant... :)

Because I really like for example the Mixstation skins, and there are no joggle option at that skin....

Dj ME :)

Posted Mon 14 Jun 04 @ 8:52 pm
PLEASE.. help needed :)

is there a keyboard shortcut that I can make, that will change jogwheel behaviour for my Hercules? (scratch/nudge)

Like the skin called DJ console --- where a push at the joggle button also will change the concole behaviour..

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 6:42 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
by looking at the .bmp image and the corresponding .xml file, looks like on the dj console skin, the nudge/scratch button are defined by:

* Nudge:
button action="show_pannel" value="9"

* Scratch
button action="show_pannel" value="10"

(cannot cut and paste xml in the forum, just search the xml file for the text above)

and then the real nudge/switch action is done by the panels 9 and 10 defined at the bottom of the .xml

This is just an assumption, I haven't developed any skins or tested this, but looks like you should be able to cut/paste some the panel 9+10 code into your favorite skin's xml, map the buttons you want to them, and adapt a few coordinates.

hope this helps,

Nicolas

Posted Sat 19 Jun 04 @ 8:54 pm
I don't know last night my night was over at the club for me every thing went wrong I use the hercules controller and it gave me so much problem it keep scratching by it self all night rewind the music I got to try to send it back to hercules I think this is not a software problem.I think VDJ should try to help here by meeting with hercules so they can fix all this problem we are having with this controller

Posted Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 8:03 am
hi phil...

That surely is a hardware problem.
There has been issues on Hercules with oversensitive jogwheels.

FIRST, try dowloading the latest firmware + drivers from Hercules. That might fix it...

If it doesn't, return it to Hercules for free fix, they know about the problem, and will fix it for you if firmware don't work.

My Hercules have NEVER had any of these problems, and works great!!! really great.. But I know there has been some early fabric-errors giving over-sensitive jogwheels... They have fixed that for future releases. So I guess you got hold of an "old" console.

But, try firmware update, that might be all you need to fix :)

Dj in norway

Posted Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 2:13 pm
I had all the new software even befor I got the console so when I bought it I did not use the cd it came with,but I call them and they ask me to send in,I realy wish this was rack mount and had lcd display

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 4:06 pm
DJ PHIL IT

You can download software, drivers and firmware from Hercules website. You don't need to wait for a CD

:)

Dj In Norway

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 4:53 pm
echorecPRO InfinityMember since 2004
did anybody solve the joggle 'nudge/scratch' keyboard shortcut question ?

somebody, pleeze !!!

(-;

[echorec]

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 9:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)