Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Important driver update for Esi U46dj - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

http://www.esiforum.com/show.asp?db=esi&t=esi1&mode=0&msg=2876

-----------------(from Esi forum)-----
this thread covers an important driver update for U46DJ for Windows. The new driver v1.0.16 which you can download here is a required update for users of U46DJ that just recently bought it. Without this update, ASIO 2.0 support will not work properly.

If your U46DJ unit has a serial that starts with ESJ060..., this update is required and sadly could not be included on the driver CD of the first units that have been shipped out.

If your U46DJ unit has a serial that starts with ESJ050..., the update is optional.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 3:40 am
Does this fix the gain control on the inputs from TT's. I have heard others complain of this, saying you have to have low gain needles.

Posted Wed 28 Jun 06 @ 9:03 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
This set of drivers has been removed from the ESI site with the only ones being the 1.14 version.
Not sure exactly what to do now where ESI has basically come out and said we need 1.16.

I had a problem this weekend that was only remedied with a clean slate and fresh install of 1.14.

Posted Tue 01 Aug 06 @ 8:48 pm

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:30 pm
i bought the u46dj soundcard today, but when i try to get it configured, virtual dj says i do not have enough channels (even though i do) and when i click the autoconfigure button it says there is no signal. the volumes are up and the connection is correct. what may be the problem?

Posted Sat 16 Sep 06 @ 9:40 am
rivadjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi, I have got the same problem in my environment.
I have solved that problem installing first the 1.014 driver version, then the 1.016 driver version without installing the previous 1.014.
Then I have used the ASIO driver instead the specific U46DJ driver and I have gained access to the full three channels mode, only in 44.1 Khz quality due to a limit of usb interface that is described in the product manual.

I have just seen that one new driver (1.018) is available, I will check it soon on my setup.

Bye

RivaDj

Posted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 11:03 pm
i bought the u46dj soundcard yesterday, but when i try to get it configured, virtual dj says i do not have enough channels ,when i click the autoconfigure button the signal is there. the volumes are up and the connection is correct.
i get the time code cd signal on my mixer on both channels, but then when i return to vdj the setting returns to single output & the only thing i get out of my speakers is the timecode cd sound. am i doing something wrong ? .the settings i use are :
input -TIMECODE
OUTPUT -EXTERNAL MIXER (it always switches back to SINGLE OUTPUT)
DRIVER -ASIO
SOUNDCARD -ASIO
the unit came with the 1,0,14 drivers wich i i instaled on my laptop but with no luck.then i instaled the 1,0,16 drivers but stil no luck ( i even tried the 1,0,18) .always the message "asio driver error-not enouch channels)

i will admit that i tried a c***ed version of vdj 4 & vdj 3,4 since i am new to e-dj'ing so i could try it out & see how it goes.i guess now you will say that ..if it worked than why buy the real thing ? well as a dj i perform in front of 600 -1000 people so i wouldnt take the chance of something going wrong !I have been a pro dj for 11 years & if the software & the hardware do what they say, then yes i will buy it .

so my question is : am i having the problems because of the c*****ed version ? is it something with the asio drivers of the u46dj ?(it says inside the manual that it is not compatible with vdj !
i am loosing tooooo much time ( my wife & kid need me too !!) trying to make it work (besides feeling useless )
If i buy vdj and try again will it work as it should : tccd signal coming in on both channels ,configuring it right & good,& hearing mp3's of both decks on external mixer with low latency .

i have spend already a lot of money , & i know that you have the right to treat me like an insect (because of the c****ed version ) but i would feel really bad if i bought vdj & then had the same problems ....

is there people that have the same setup ( u46dj +vdj +wanting it for tccd with external mixer ) .Does it work as it should ?
Thanks in advance for anybody that will take some time to aswer me .

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 8:55 am
Hello ROMEODAN

i have had same problem as you. I have downloaded the trial version of VDJ as i need to evaluate the software.
After a week of looking for info online, reading manuals carefully and switch back and forth from driver 1.014 to 1.019 (beta driver), i decided to reinstall windows XP completly.
I installed the drivers that came with the sound card 1.014 and using virtual DJ 4.
If you use ASIO driver at 44HZ then everything is ok, you can still use the 2 channel mixer or 3 channel mode. Configuration of the timecode was ok.
I was pretty convinced that it could work well, last saturday i brought everyuthing at the club where i was spinning and unfortunately, 28 mins after i was using it, the VDJ went bananas, songs were slowing down as they wanted, or picking up in beats, i had no more control of the software. Only thing was to restart the pc but........ if you don't have a Y cable, you need to unplug everything otherwise music stops and people couldn't dance. So if this has to happen again while you are working, i think it will be a lot of pain in the ass, time consuming, but most of all, BAD FACE toward your fans and you will never feel secure that while you are doing your best perfomarnce, something might go wrong with the software.
So now, i really don't know if it is because of the trial version, or what.....the fact is that it will make think many times before purchasing the licensed software.
Hope this can help some others.
Experiences are always welcome
COMEXMIX

Posted Mon 09 Oct 06 @ 6:51 am
rivadjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi all, I have finally tested the 1.0.18 version of ESI drivers on virtual Dj.
Everything works well, you only have to uninstall every previous version of esi drivers first and reboot your pc before installing the new 1.0.18 version.

Then, as seen as my previous post, everything works well in 3 channels mode (2 Timecoded turntables, sampler on 3rd channel and Hercules DJ control support too when releasing timecode control).

I also have checked the timecode control for videos, you only need a powerful pc for do that. :-)

I'm using a pro licensed version of vdj 4.0 and now I'm testing this on vdj 4.1.

RivaDj

Posted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 7:43 pm
DJKicePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have the current FINAL version of .19. However cannot release but I must say it works flawlessly.

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 6:02 am

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 6:27 am
DJKice wrote :
I have the current FINAL version of .19. However cannot release but I must say it works flawlessly.

Waw V.19 Final and were can we U46DJ owners download this driver?

Thanks djjanp.

Posted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 5:13 pm
AsanalHome userMember since 2006
what is your computer setup like, DJKice?

I see u use 64ms buffer size... which is really small! :)

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 12:17 am
well nobody can download this, as you would need a firmware flash for this update also. And I cannot leak it so yeah :P

PC Setup
Nice lil Aspire Q-Pack Silver compact casE(modded with neons and looks awsome, everything is UV inside and I used some UV paint too :D looks awsome

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.4Ghz
Intel 965GF MicroATX Mainboard
Nvidia Ge-Force 7950GX2
2x 1GB Geil Ultra Platnium Ram DDR2 1000mhz
1x M-Audio Delta 44(64 samples / best quility / 0.8ms latency... thats what im talking about PCI cards rocks)
1x ESI U46DJ(64 samples / best quility / 1ms latency... stupid USB limitation)

Software
Windows XP Media Centre Edition SP2
Virtual DJ 4.1

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 12:08 pm
and i also own a Licence. you wont be able to acheive low latency with a cracked version :)

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 12:08 pm
djdylHome userMember since 2006
I have flash FXP DJkice. Any chance of testing this new driver? Want to buy a license as i am having problems with djdecks but had some issues with vdj and the .18 drivers so dont want to be throwing any extra cash away.

Posted Fri 20 Oct 06 @ 6:32 pm
@djkice, were you still able to set your buffer size to 64ms before the upgrade or is this something this v.19 does?

Posted Sat 21 Oct 06 @ 12:00 pm
i own a u46dj sound card.. checked esi-pro.com for updates and the latest they have on the site is version 1.0.14

I knew that 1.0.16 was withdrawn due to complications..... Now i am reading about 1.018 and .19

how did you guys get access to these drivers

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:21 pm
djdylHome userMember since 2006
check on page 1 of this thread dreadlox. theres a link to the .18 drivers. ensure you have cleaned all entries of pr3evoius drivers including anthing on the registry. install .18 and restart. .18 isnt perfect but certasinly better than.14 and.16.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 12:17 pm
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
But the question is: where we can find the last release (1.0.19)?

Posted Mon 23 Oct 06 @ 12:43 pm
28%