Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJ Console MK2 Touch Sensitive Jog Wheels?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi.. im thinking about buying a MK2 but I would like 2 know if the jog wheels are touch sensitive? by this i mean if u press down on a jog wheel, wil it stop the tune from playing (i.e. emulate clicking the mouse button over a deck onscreen). I need to know this as instead of pressing (or clicking) the Play button on a deck, i like to play a tune, then click and hold with my mouse, then release the mouse button to sync two tunes (i find this way more accurate than trying to press play at the correct time - this is useful when u need 2 sync a tune from the very beginning and can't beatmatch a tune and then fade it in later). Hope someone can help.. thank u.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 2:07 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nah, they're not touch sensitive i'm afraid - you get what you pay for i guess. For that kind of control, you'd need to be looking at the more expensive solutions, such as the xp10s, or a timecode vinyl/cd based system.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 5:36 am
Ok mate, thanx 4 the response.... can i program one of the buttons on the console to act as a left click of a mouse button? this mite be the best way to get around the problem? (cant afford an xp10)

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 1:57 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm guessing you can - the console mapper program makes it pretty customisable...

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 5:08 pm
I'm still pretty new to the MK2, and I don't know how to go about changing all of the button features yet, but it's possible to use the jog wheels to stop if you slide the fader down directly after. You can pull a stop using the jog wheels but then the track begins playing again within maybe 1/4 of a beat. If recording you'd have to make a quick hand to stop the reecording. But that's another reason I'm getting a tcv next month, it should be alot easier using vinyl;^]

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 10:42 pm
The MK2 has a mouse on it. The joystick and buttons to the lower left and right of it is a mouse emulator or can be programmed differently with the mapper.

Posted Wed 10 May 06 @ 2:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)