Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya44 USB & Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DwightPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm having a difficult time setting up the Maya44 USB with VDJ. Here are the specs:

Dell Inspiron 700m Laptop
Maya44 USB v2.5.5 asio drivers
VDJ 3.4
Pioneer 1000MKII

I just bought a brand new Maya44 and loaded the latest asio driver v2.5.5 On VDJ setup I select the low latency timecoded vinyl, choose Maya44 usb and click on config time code. Next I click on advance view and there is my problem. I see a large signal on side 1 (left side) when I have nothing connected other then the Maya44. There is no RCA cables connected, nothing. I lowered the gain (far left) with the same results. On asio config the Maya44 monitors 1-4 are muted with the input volume set to about 20% and the output is set to about 80%. I can't get rid of this signal. Remember there is nothing connected to the Maya44. Side 2 is fine. Next I tried using the ASIO4ALL v2.7 driver with the same results. Is the Maya44 defective? BTW, I can get VDJ to work the Final Scratch2 amp (soundcard). I want to be able to use VDJ with TCCD and the Pioneer 1000MKII. Any clues?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. I fgure this is a hardware problem.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 11:23 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i'll receive on thuesday a maya soundcard. I'll try to help u in someway but i'm curious about one thing: why u need vdj if u have already pioneer mk2? u have only one?

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 3:04 am
I'm trying to use VDJ with the Pioneer. You can use a TCCD (time code cd) to control the mp3 like FS2 or Serato. I've owned both and still prefer VDJ. Yes I own 2 Pioneer 1000MKII.

Good luck with the Maya.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 6:18 am
Never mind. I'm pretty sure the Maya is defective and is going back. Let's see if another one helps. Thanks for looking.

Posted Tue 09 May 06 @ 12:49 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's the good forum and i hope owners of this sound card will help you soon

Regards

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 2:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)