Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Emergency!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,
I'm mixin' for my first time in 3 weeks, and I have a little problem : how can I stop having problems with Beatmixing ?
I mean :

When i Beatmix two songs, sometimes, even if I paste the two peaks correctly( with pitch bend ), it still having a bad sound, it's not very well synchronized (I have to touch the pitch bend again to get a better synchronization).
Some songs like Star To Fall, or Zdarlight, aren't synchronized if I paste correctly the 2 songs.

How can I Know It will do that? I don't have headphone, this is my problem :(
And i wish the party i'm about to dj will be a success..thank your for your comprehension!
If someone can help me to prevent something like that..thank you!!!

Kévin

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 6:04 pm
I precise I have Virtual Dj Console Edition 3.4

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 6:26 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you just look at waveform it is hard to mix. Some songs aren't easy to mix just on waveform because they go wrong even you can see that it is ok (beat on beat). Real DJ always use headphones. You can use cheap headphones. If you have DJConsole there is no problems.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 7:38 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The problem with this phase detection algorithm is that it only matches bass frequencies. In electronic music (house, dance, trance, ... etc.), producers use different kick samples ('peaks') which have different amplitudes, and since VDj detects peaks on certain frequencies, it cannot always guarrante the exact peak (it correctly detects the tempo since the peaks are the same distance apart, but it misses the phase slighty, enough to hear it's wrong). The beatmatching by ear is based on high frequencies (hats, cymbals, shakers etc.) from which it's easier to define phase.

My advice would be (if you insist on mixing visually) to rely on CBG, but you must correct the phase manually for each song, and then always match the CBG's dots for perfect mixing.

Regards.

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 7:53 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
lol expert's post ;)
anybody see that erxon work in production? ;)

Posted Sun 07 May 06 @ 8:22 pm
the problem is that i don't have any headphone line on my mp3 controller( i have the first version of hercules, when they did build it without headphone output)
And i have a sound card not strong enough to be able to separate headphone & main output..if someone knows how i can resolve this issue...I'll be very happy 'cause my first party is very soon now (1 week)
thanks!

Posted Sat 13 May 06 @ 5:51 pm
Buy a mixer. This will take care of your headphone and output problem.

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 11:17 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
A 5.1 sound card is cheaper ;-)

Posted Sun 14 May 06 @ 2:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)