Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Optical out?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I tried plugging my djconsole to my minidisc recorder to record a mix, but there seems to be no signal... I know the cable is fine, and so is the minidisc as it works with other optical equipement.

I did read the other posts on the subject, but I did not find a solution. Thanks for your help,

macourteau

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 12:47 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I know that the optical output of my DJ Console is working (stereo only, I tried it on my amplifier).

I do not know if the input works... of course it should :|

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 6:52 am
There is no special configuration or anything I should know to "activate" it?

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 11:30 am
No, I don't think.
The main analog output must be a copy of the digital output.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 11:40 am
Did your MD recorder have already works with digital input ?

On mine :

- MZ-R50
- MDS - M100

I must switch the record option to digital/optical

I don't have the djconsole, i'm using 2 soundcard with optical output (Terratec Sixpack 5.1+ and SBlive 5.1 Platinium + Live! drive IR) and on both i must activate optical on the config parts, they arn't active by default, maybe that the same with the DJconsole.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 6:34 pm
My MD recorder can only record from a digital source. It cannot output an optical signal. I wanted to record digitally what I'm mixing FROM the djconsole TO the MD player/recorder...

I know the MD's optical in works because I tried it successfully with other optical devices, but there doesn't seem to be a signal coming out of my djconsole's optical out port... :|

macourteau

Posted Thu 10 Jun 04 @ 4:23 pm
Problem fixed -- I contacted Hercules and they said that sometimes the optical out doesn't work on some consoles when the USB port doesn't give the console enough power... They recommend a powered hub.

I have another computer here that had no devices attached to it, so I tested the console on that computer... And indeed, it worked. So I'll eventually have to get a powered USB hub...

macourteau

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 8:54 pm
Ok! We really thank you for this feedback.

We now have to hope that other people having the same problem will be able to find this post

;)

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 9:24 pm
That's why I posted the solution to my problem ;)

Posted Fri 11 Jun 04 @ 9:27 pm
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have tryed to connect the console (digital out) to Spdif-In of my soundcard and it doesn't work.
Need some settings?

Posted Fri 31 Dec 04 @ 6:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)