Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER/ECLER/ALLEN HEATH

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can anyone recommend from use and experience. The mixer that would work best or even if all, is the one(s) to use for the video mixer of Virtual DJ. I am clicks away from buying the program. I just got my time coded vinyl. I am getting my Delta 1010L tomarrow. I just am not sure which mixer to get for that purpose...........I have a pionner djm 600 and I know that won't work. But I can sell it easy and jump into a djm 800 . Is that gonna do the tricks??? Or should it be the ELCER or A/H. If the djm 800 won't work, I will keep it and just by the ECLER NUO 4 and use that.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 2:46 am
the Pioneer 800 mixer is for sure the very best of the mixers you mention....
And even one of the best mixers there is...

Owning a 600 mixer, you prob know how good Pioneer mixers are ;)

800 have LOTS of more digital effects
It has KEY DETECTION for songs
and it has MIDI

so, yes... Pioneer 800 is the best...
But probably cost a lot more.

Secondly the Nuo4, its a good mixer too.
Its a hardware / midi hybrid mixer, but does not have all the fancy extras of Pioneer

The Allen & Heath Xone3d is a different story.
It would work great with VDJ too.
But its less of a real hardware mixer. More of a midi controller.

IF you use real dj hardware too (cd players or turntables) get Pioneer or Nuo4

If you plan only to use VDJ and mp3s, get one of the three.. all will work good:)

But if you are asking whats the best... well, Pioneer is :)

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 3:18 am
Cool thanks! I know 600 is very good for mixing and my biggest fear was the midi part in the 800 for the mapping or config for the video missing in VDJ. I know the Ecler is usb and midi................I am assuming that it doesn't make a difference that the 800 dosn't have usb.

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 11:12 am
I want to buy the Ecler mixer for the midi capabilities. I would use it to mainly crossfade video while mixing on my TCV. I want to know if you can program it (the mixer) to have a button work as a toggle or whatever to disable the crossfader to be linked to the video crossfader and use the same button or another to re-activate it to work with the crossfader?

There are two scenarios I would like to point out.

One is if I have a song I am mixing like dance or house. I want to use the channel faders for mixing the audio. Well after blending the audio for a while I want to start crossfading a transition. Would I be able to do that with having the channels set to Post instead of the crossfader?

Second is be able to do the same thing except maybe mixing hip hop. Scratch mixing the videos in using the crossfader for sound and video transition. But here is the thing. I want to maybe blend the audio for a little bit and then toggle a switch to turn video transition on for the crossfader only at the right timing.

I hope I didn't just confuse anyone...

the problem it the two mixers in my opinion is this.

Ecler= ($749) According their downloaded manual. You can ONLY activate the crossfader for midi mapping if the Channels 2 or 3 is set for midi.

Pioneer= Expensive (approx $1500) and placement of mic input (on top). The mic input should be where every other DJ mixer has it... on the back panel where you can route it wherever you need it.

any insight is welcome

Posted Sat 22 Apr 06 @ 1:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)