Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Defective Maya44 usb???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I originally posted this in the software forum, but it seems more fitting here.

I have just purchased a new Maya44 Usb, installed the drivers and the trial version of VDJ. I want to test the time coded cd's and understand that only one channel works with the trial version. But, without anything even hooked up to the Maya's inputs or outputs should there be any signal coming from either channel? I am recieving a high signal reading from the left channel and a flat line in the right one. Did I just set this up wrong or do you think my Maya is defective. Is there any other programs I can use to test this thing. I dont want to return it and pay a restocking fee if I'm the idiot that is just not doing something right. Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

This is what it looks like: http://kimdelfierro.com/maya.jpg

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:39 am
Have you tried dragging the gain and silence sliders all the way left so that it looks like the right channel?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:58 am
Yes I did. Also be aware this is with absolutely nothing hooked up to the Maya. (and yes it does the same when something is hooked up)

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:12 am
I'm not really sure what would cause this error other than a hardware problem like you already suspect. Personally I would uninstall the Maya 44 USB, remove the USB connection, reboot the PC. Then download the drivers from

http://www.audiotrak.net/atbbs/view.php?id=driver&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&category=11&sn=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=58

install them, connect the Maya 44 USB to a different port than you installed it from originally and then reboot.

Also make sure you have your card set to 44.1 khz.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:21 am
Thanks for your quick replies Andrew87. OK, I ve tried it on three different computers and have got the same exact problems. I am about 98% sure it is a faulty piece of hardware. Before I return this P.o.S. anyone else got any ideas?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 4:30 am
MannasPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Did you have any more luck with this? I got mine today and it seems to be doing the same thing on the 3/4 channels. Sound goes through it fine with other devices and programs but gives that same graph when nothing is plugged in it.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 06 @ 11:26 pm
I got my Maya44 usb about two weeks ago. I’m having the same problem on ¾ channels. No luck on the uninstall/re-install on all ports and other computers. I think the best bet is to send it back. I would like to know if you got a new Maya and had better luck.

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 7:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)