Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is my Maya44 Usb defective?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have just purchased a new Maya44 Usb, installed the drivers and the trial version of VDJ. I want to test the time coded cd's and understand that only one channel works with the trial version. But, without anything even hooked up to the Maya's inputs or outputs should there be any signal coming from either channel? I am recieving a high signal reading from the left channel and a flat line in the right one. Did I just set this up wrong or do you think my Maya is defective. Is there any other programs I can use to test this thing. I dont want to return it and pay a restocking fee if I'm the idiot that is just not doing something right. Your input and suggestions are greatly appreciated?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 12:40 am

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 2:52 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
strange!

Check for newest drivers.

Let's go step-by-step: Are you using laptop or desktop??

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 12:55 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can check your maya inputs with any ASIO enabled multitrack recorder software (N-track is a good one).

Do you have any signal if you un-plug everything of the maya ?

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 3:18 pm
I installed the new drivers and got the same thing, tried it in 3 other machines and got the same thing. 98% sure its a bad piece of hardware. What a waste of time, now I gotta wait another week and a half to get another one shipped out.

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 10:08 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
on 3 computers the same?

:) go back to store :)

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 10:10 pm
Sleeper_M3, did you ever get your problem fixed. I just got the Maya USB and I'm having the same type of problem. I get good signal from one side, but the other tells me I'm getting nothing even though the green line is going haywire. I don't know if I have a software or hardware problem.

Posted Mon 08 May 06 @ 3:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)