Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Differences between Technics SL-1200M3D and Technics SL-1200MKII

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey can someone please tell me the Differences between Technics SL-1200M3D and Technics SL-1200MKII?

I bought me two tables, the M3Ds and the seller became a dead beat and didn't return any emails for 5 days and his ph# was disconnected. He also had some bad feedback on eBay and I didn't know because the users only left him neutral feedback and that had no effect on his %.

He didn't ship out items to people who won auctions that didn't have reserves on them. And resold some items and some items didn't come in as they were described.

I just received an email from him saying that he has shipped them out already.
----

Durring that time, I also purchased two more tables which were the SL-1200 MKIIs.
And now I basically will have 2 pairs of tables.

Can someone please tell me the differences and which ones I should keep?

IF ANYONE NEEDS TABLES I WILL BE ABLE TO SELL ONE PAIR TO SOMEONE HERE.

Thanks

Posted Sun 16 Apr 06 @ 8:19 am
well I was looking at the same things and which ever were cheaper get those I think. The differences are the m3d's pitch controll dosn't have a thing in the middle so it is smooth, but there is a pitch reset button. All the stuff on the inside is the same. I think that the start button is lower on the m3d.
That about it I think.
If you go to djforums.com they have other stuff

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 6:48 am
the MKII pitch around 0% can wobble i think where as all later models incuding the MD3 dont

Posted Tue 18 Apr 06 @ 1:19 pm
Thanks everyone.
As I write this I am awaiting the mail man for the delivery of the M3Ds.

Did a lot of research and talked to the guy who sold me the MKIIs and who also has the M3Ds.
He told me that the m3ds are newer so to stick with them.

He said that they have the same motor, and the differences are the

quartz lock is not in m3d any more since that bothered people.
The power switch is protected accidental turn off.
and that's about it i think.

Thanks,
Vitaliy

Posted Mon 24 Apr 06 @ 8:36 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

I have 2 SL-1210MK2... They were the same as 1200MK2 in dark gray and a better stop button. The new SL-1200MK2 are good enough VirtualV. But If you are going to pay the same for NEW MD3. take the last ones. Today I notice MD3 are discontinued and MK5 and M5G and MK2 are available, taking that in consideration I prefer new SL1200MK2 NEW than used 1200MD3. MK5 are better and reemplace MD3 a long time ago.

Take a look in here: http://www.djdeals.com/turntables.htm

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 30 Apr 06 @ 10:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)