Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Newbie alert!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone,
I just recieved my Hercules dj console today :D
I'm a little dis-heartend, though. There doesn't seem to be much documentation on how the software and hardware work together. No read me for the package as a whole, only for the individual software. Which means I have to work everything out, right?
I've been mostly playing around with virtual dj and I've got a couple of questions. Can you only scratch when the 'record' is not playing? if i try to scratch while it is playing it seems to only slow down or speed up.Also, is there any way to increase and decrease the jog wheel's sensitivity, as it seems quite slow at the moment?
Thank you,
Kieran.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 04 @ 8:52 pm
hi...

As of now, u can NOT scatch with jogwheels, only with the joystick, BUT, hopefully this will be possible in future versions of VDJ :) I really hope to see this in next release..... :)

So jogwheels are only for nudge.. (speed up/slow down)
Which is by the way, a really nice thing (alot better then using mouse for this...)

When it comes to changing jogwheel sensitivity, I dont think this can be done (this could also be a thing that future support for MIDI in VDJ could let u do... if this feature is added).

So - as of now, Hercules is pretty cool, and nice to use, but in the near future, it might be even better, when next issue of VDJ comes around :) I hope.... :)

dj in norway

Posted Wed 02 Jun 04 @ 12:20 am
Well thats a shame. i guess i should have checked if the jog wheels were touch sensitive too. i guess i'm just going to have to make a turntable which is rigged up to a mouse or somthing. have you tried the web cam scratching on vdj?

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 3:21 pm
never tested webcam scratch... it just seems to be to much hassle...

But - stick around :) I got a feeling that there might be some great improvements when it comes to hercules already in next version of VDJ..
At least there is a possibility for that :) as Hercules now have velocity sensitive jogwheels (midi) - and VDJ team always does the best for its users...
So - got my fingers crossed :) It might be possible to scratch really soon with our Hercules consoles :)

Dj in norway

Posted Mon 07 Jun 04 @ 3:33 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

Posted Tue 08 Jun 04 @ 8:35 am
Hi there Homeboy

Have seen your post earlier, and tried it...
And thanx for tip...

BUT - its not what I'm looking for.... It's not "real" enough scratch.. its not sensitive to jogwheel movements and speed

And this CAN me made possible in future versions of VDJ, because of midi support/drivers, giving the possibility to explorer velosity sensitivity on jogwheels... that would be a completely different world, than "keyboard shortcuts"

But still, thanx for your post....

Dj In Norway

Posted Tue 08 Jun 04 @ 8:41 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"real" scratch is ONLY the turntable (call me MK2)
scratch, believe me, because I'm one of those Dmc Champion dj's.
Everything else (including Xp-10) is NOT real.
It is not the same, is like ...making love without touching
your girlfriend .. (just little humor here)
That's why i asked in the new features forum for
Turntable / timecoded vinyl support with no luck...
That's why i just bought the new mixvibes dvs (simillar to Final scratch-better price)
But, i will buy Virual Dj too, if i will see this feature in the future.
(i'm using dj console btw)

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 12:17 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Stay tuned in we are always developping.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 6:24 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Thank you Homeboy, nice to hear it...
I have not a bad word for Virtual dj, anyway.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 04 @ 12:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)