Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ on Mac??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hye guys, i jus read that old thread about VDJ being possible on mac, but only if it has Microsoft windows on it. i dont no much about Mac myself but why cant you use VDJ on Mac normally??
ne help would be great thanks.

dj Benji

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 11:43 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can't use VDJ directly on MAC because it isn't at all the same sound system (directx on Windows, and i don't know what on mac).

All the program should be rewritten in order to use it on Mac.

This would cost alot of money and time. The dev-team already has enough things to do for the Windows VDJ, so for the moment a Mac VDJ isn't on the "to do list" :)

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 12:43 pm
aahh ok, that naswer my Q, thnx very much, becuase i was looking at buyin a MAC becuase i have herd that that arnt that bad and they dont get affected by viruses becuase no one botheres, but now i might reconsider since i cant use VDJ on it and yea i understand that the VDJ team has alot 2 do already, but ill be hopefully looking into the future for a VDJ MAC program

Cheers

dh Benji

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 12:53 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You could use VDJ on a Mac if you use the bootcamp that will let you install Windows XP on an Intel Mac.

Posted Sun 09 Apr 06 @ 2:41 pm
yea, i might look into that. But it most probably will be expensive, and i don t really have money growing around me :( lol. But thanks any way, you've been a great help

Cheers

dj benji

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 9:05 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Bootcamp is for free. Just macs are a little expensive, but worth their prices ;)

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 2:30 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
BootCamp is free... Windows is not :-) You'll need a legal copy of Windows to install it, BootCamp is only the "bridge" between the two technologies.

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 4:16 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Of course! lol :)

But it is like VDJ. You have to have Legal version, right? After all these times you get windowsxp for free with all new laptops and desktops (except made-yourself desktops). The same is with macs.

So if you bought a pc you have legal version of windows. You just need to buy let say macbook pro and install bootcamp to it and windows xp of course. tryed and works ;)

Posted Mon 10 Apr 06 @ 4:28 pm
hey thanks heaps guys, you helped me decide what to buy now, n hopefully in time i'll have this AWESUM product (vdj) i've got the demo and i love it!!!!!!

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 1:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)