Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: I am trying to get this type of echo effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was listening to many djs at my local radio and some others who use this echo. The effect echo's out the song but while it echos it chops up. Very cool effect. Is there a way I can do it? If so plz inform me. I have many samples of it so if u guys need to hear it then hit me up. here or go to my blogs and e-mail me. Peace!

Dj Naamnaam

Posted Fri 31 Mar 06 @ 9:05 am
nonody know wat am talkin abt?? I can send anyone who wants a sample. just hit me up.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 11:04 pm
you can find my email in my blog to send me a sample

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 10:24 am
ok i sent u a sample. Let me know ASAP thx

DJ Naamnaam

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 3:31 am
chatlakHome userMember since 2006
aynen de aynen

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 10:08 am
I listened the sample yesterday.
In my opinion, this effect it is something between echo and shakerbeat.
It is clear that it can be made in a next plugin.

But for the moment, I have no time. To be continued...

Posted Tue 04 Apr 06 @ 4:37 pm
if you send me a sample i will tell you becouse it sounds familliar by the way you are explaining it my email add is nwa_ss@yahoo.com by the way are you from somwhere in texas or in a southern state

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 2:16 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Send me a sample, email on my blog.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 4:48 am
ok i sent the sample. let me know? Peace!

Dj Naamnaam

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 6:38 am
you could try the shakerbeats and the echo at the same time

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 7:21 am
which echo effect and which shaker beats?

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:40 am
I heard your sample, its nothing special just a delay-echo in 1/4 beat sync.
But look this is something done during the production of the song you sent me.
They just passed a drum sample through a short delay adjusted in sync 1/4 beat with the current beat. Not in the final mix just in a short sample.
So you need a clean sample, add a delay to it, adjust the delay time and decay and mix it with another song or drum loop.
Just try to find a delay echo plugin that can be synced with the song tempo.

- Ok try the excelent and free vst from steinberg called "Karlette" (you can do miracles with it) and give it some time to learn and understand how echo works before you came back with 1000 questions....
http://sharewaremusicmachine.com/smm/programs/Karlette_win/

Btw. what song is this, it is Will Smith but what song ?

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:24 am
I know its not Will Smith but I foget the title. It was given to me by a dj so i will let u know and thx for letting me know. I knew it was some type of delay ontop of an echo ummm.. but let me see wat i can do and let u know. thx again PEACE!

Dj Naamnaam

P.S. Where should I put the plugin exactly? In the effects right? Anyway thx and is this site good for other effects that work on VDJ?

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 7:13 am
Not Will Smith ? you're right but it says something about him..
I can reproduce this effect with a loop and fade out from the mixer (by hand)
Sometimes i switch to the other song this way, try it.

just copy the dll in effects folder. About the site i don't know i just searched google for this plugin. Try this site for vst instruments.
http://www.kvraudio.com/

Now karlette is simulating an old tape echo (first echos was really like this...)
It has 4 virtual cartidges to pruduce 4 delays in serial for complex delay chains.
just deactivate the 3 of them by lowering their volume knobs until you understand how the delay actually works.

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 2:38 am
ya it just say like Will smith. It was given to me by my friend and i dont know the name. Sorry but i will ask him. I tried the delay efffect and it really lowers the volume of the song and then delays it. Let me play with it a bit more. I just wanted to get this effect so i cud change from one song to another without it sounding wierd. Plus its a nice effect.

Dj Naamnaam

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 3:30 am
ok this puggin is not workin properly. What am i doin wrong? I need to be able to put a delay that echos out as the music plays and then right away i shift to the other song. ANybody ?

DJ Naamnaam

Posted Tue 11 Apr 06 @ 4:13 am
why do shakerbeats mess up when you use it when mixing like it works great for some songs but then it will mess up when in over pan mode it would just sound like its crashing the plugin is like a hit or miss type of plugin

Posted Fri 07 Sep 12 @ 9:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)