Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Numark Gear, is it all based off of Virtual DJ's technogly? - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello everybody,

Just to clarify things a bit:
First of all, VirtualVinyl is VirtualDJ v4, with a new soundengine, tailored to TCV/TCCD users, and branded and distributed by Numark.

Also, VirtualDJ will continue to sell and upgrade on its own.
VirtualVinyl will be for the DJs who want to use timecoded vinyls or timecoded CDs, whereas VirtualDJ will be for those who want to use DJConsole/DAC3/xp10/mouse&keyboard/etc...

Oh and by the way, before people start building on expectations, no virtualdj v4 won't be publicly released this weekend yet. Right now, it's only available to VIP members ;)

As to the relationship between Atomix Productions and Numark, just know that the companies are not merged, so VirtualDJ will remain its own and more importantly the support and the attention to users requests that have been experienced here for many years will remain unchanged.
But still, the two companies are deeply involved together, and many other exciting computer-DJ related products will be announced in the near future... so stay tuned.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 8:26 am
When you state that "VirtualVinyl will be for the DJs who want to use timecoded vinyls or timecoded CDs.." does that mean I could buy the Numark Vinyls and it will work with any updates from Virtual DJ? I mean I am not sure I want to go out and buy an expensive hardware solution from Numark when I have a good soundcard (maya 44) that works fine. Besides the obvious hardware, vinyls, and CD's... what are going to be the differences between the version 4 update with Virtual DJ and Numark's Virtual Vinyl?

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 8:52 am
Does this mean that us TCV users will have to switch? If so I think we deserve a discount from numark, especially if this means we have to buy theire hardware (wich does look very cool)...

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 11:56 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Absolutely no reason to switch -)

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 2:43 pm
Hi

I wanna be a VIP too so I can have vers 4. Our dog thinks I am already.

Andy

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 3:44 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
We need a note from your dog first....

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 3:52 pm
Nice one Rick ;-)

Corporate department: Thanks for the information. I think it is a very good move. Lots of (professional) dj's only buy a complete solution like in the past Serato. Most dj's are not that good with computers, so VDJ with all those sound card options were too hard for some. Now a complete solution will be available for those.
Will the iCDX also be compatible with VDJ? For me that will be a very good setup. See earlier post.
Ewout

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 4:00 pm
To end speculations going all in the wrong directions :

Virtual Vinyl from Numark is a dedicated version, working with timecode vinyls/cd's, and has its own soundcard - all branded from Numark

Virtual DJ 4 will be all of that, + the oportunity to use controllers, direct sound, a range of different soundcards (inc Maya 44, U46dj and more) etc. The features VDJ has always had.

If you already own Virtual DJ, you are not forced to switch to Numark ;)

Numark will target its own customers, being djs that does not already have Virtual DJ, and wants a dedicated package that works brilliant for timecode use. A "vinyl dj" package from Numark.

So relax ;) and this will only bring great new stuff for all of us! ;) having Numark in partnership with Virtual DJ will only benefit us all ;)

All information on Numark controllers, if they will work with Virtual DJ and so on, will be answered later... please wait, its all BRAND new :)

Virtual DJ have never before tried to force customers to pay more, and that is also true now... :)

Stay cool, smile, and happy mixing;)

dj-in-norway

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 4:34 pm
Thanks for keeping things under control dj-in-norway. Special thanks to Corporate Staff for giving some important details about the joint venture between the two companies. I'm looking forward to the "many other exciting computer-DJ related products [that] will be announced in the near future..."

OO

btw. My dog ate my VIP pass; however, can I still become oneā€¦;)

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 6:43 pm
Sure you can Double OO ;)

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 6:50 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Maybe you'll be voted 'in' during the next election :) lol

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 7:02 pm
Gotta Say It

I'm not too keen on hierarchies where some people are 'favoured' more than others - for example might be given access to new releases of software first. But there is nothing wrong with Beta Testing using experienced software users but usually companies ask for volunteers from their users.

I think (and I'm not trying to be contentious) that clear information helps us all to know where we are and where are going.

For example, we all know that a new version is coming out. Well done VDJ for letting us share in new versions. What isn't so good is when one group of people know things and another doesn't.

Either tell us all exactly what is happening or shut up would be my advice.

Could be very simple info - for example. "Announcement: - VDJ 4 is undertaking Beta Testing at the moment with a potential release date of Summer 2006."

Trouble is we then wouldn't have the fun of posting on the forum as much about sound qualtiy, etc.

Must go and have a lie down before my gig otherwise I'll be very hyper.

Andy

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 8:23 pm
Gotta say it....
It is a shame that this is all so out of control now.
We can thank Newmark for that.

Releases have always been tight lipped at Atomix, and frequenty much to the delight of the users.
Its not fair to take shots at people who now look like they are holding out information.
Nobody really knows when, thats the troof.
Unfortunately when people start posting speculations there is little we can do to stop or calm it short of locking threads and that just pisses people off worse.

Yes it's being tested.
No we don't know when, thats up to development.
A definate date becomes a deadline, do you like your back against the wall?
What was shown was certainly not the final product.
So what more do you want to know?

Give it a rest

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 8:51 pm
I have to comment here.
The status of a user is related to there efforts for this community, forum support/software input, skin/plugin development etc.

Most of the people with the extra privileges have had to work hard to get them, and that's the way this community works. One of the privileges for a VIP member and above is Beta testing.

I can tell you it wasn't easy for me to get to VIP level, I did a hell of a lot of software support before I reached this level, more than I thought I'd have to do(to reach VIP lol), but fair is fair, if this is how the system works then it should be respected, it's soposed to be enjoyed and not taken deadly seriously, that's why I'm here, I enjoy it.

You may of missed some threads, but Version 4 has been announced a long time ago, as A result of the users input, it's general knowledge that Version 4 is not far away.., and for someone who knows a bit more to say "it's coming soon" or "good things aren't far away" is perhaps better than to"shut up" as you put it, it's just A friendly assurance.

No ones efforts on this community are overlooked and new VIPs are added periodically, one thing that doesn't help a user reach a higher status here is complaining too much unduly. It's only common sense that the more friendlier bunch will be seen as a greater asset to the community when most of this board is about customer Support.

Some members of Support team want to be members of the internal team, I would like to be Support team, some people would like to be VIP, we are never satisfied with what we've got.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 8:52 pm
You know what? I don't care to have beta testing privlages or anything. I am just excited to be using such a fine product. I don't care if it takes another 2 months for the release of version 4 because I am really happy with the current version. Would rather have the development team work out all the kinks and be confident with releasing it. Sure there a few improvements I would like, but I man this softwares kick all the others (BPM Studio, PCDJ, Trackor, etc) out there in the (BEEP)... -censored-

For my own curiosity was knowing if Numarks Vinyl records would work with Virtual DJ. For a U.S. user that would mean the records would be cheaper. It is unfortunate that we have to pay like $70 with shipping for the records here. I want to have extras as back up. It was the best $70 I spent along with purchasing the software on-line as well. I have been doing nothing but promoting Virtual DJ here to some close DJ friends of mine. They just as excited as I am with it.

I just wish I would have been here sooner.... (group hug...)

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 9:04 pm
Al,
US based vinyl is right around the corner.
Its all going to get better really soon.

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 9:41 pm

I'm quite content if no-one really knows when it will be released - it just seemed as if some people knew and some didn't.

I'm not criticising those who support us all on here by their help. Don't want to miss any names out, but even if they don't know it posts from Bagpuss and dj-in Norway in particular have helped me at times. In particular on sound quality. Plus VDJ has a great policy as I said in my post about letting us have updates.

And, I've tried other software and know how crap some of it is - and expensive.

Like Al, I am generally happy with VDJ now - and if sound quality gets even better in later releases that's great.

Had a lie down now - so sorry to appear to wind people up - not really my intention.

Andy

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 10:39 pm
No worries asymptote, Your post just came across a bit harsh so I had to comment, but I see now you didn't mean it as it read :).

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 11:45 pm
Hi again

Thanks Bagpuss.

Tell you how great VDJ is.

I'm just playing a set, replying to you on wireless. Currently playing story of my life feat Andrea Martin that I just downloaded off Beatport.

Going down great.

Andy

Posted Sat 01 Apr 06 @ 11:53 pm
it sure as hell looks like it

Glad they went with the winner Automix!

Posted Sun 02 Apr 06 @ 2:38 am
91%