Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUO 4, Denon DN-S5000 and other midi devices... I have questions..!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all...

I have been trying to figure out how I can switch to mainly use the NUO 4 mixer for all my video mixing needs. I know you can use the crossfader and assign it to work the video crossfader. It is the other functions I am wondering about. I want to be able to turn on and off the ability to use the crossfader for video crossfading, quickly jump to one player's video or the other, access a loop at anytime, trigger an effect, etc. I also know there are 4 knobs and 4 buttons that can also be configured. If there are more functions than buttons with using this mixer, can I add other midi devices to compliment the functions I need at moments notice. Like a drum machine or any other midi trigger device like the faderfox series? Will multiple midi devices conflict?

I am currently using the DAC-3 and loving all the buttons for shortcuts for CUES, loops, and FX.

Another question not related to midi. Can I use the Denon DN-S5000 to access cue points? I know there was recent update (3.4) with TCV and TCCD enhancements. I already own the TCV and want to make an alternative solution to using turntables on the road all the time. I like the fact that the Denon Players will double as my CD player back up in case the computer were to crap out.

I am about to get a pair of the Denon Players fairly cheap and wanted to buy the NUO 4 to mainly use for scratch mixing music videos. Before I dive into this part full on.. I need some insight..

I appreciate any input on the Denon Players or Midi...

Thanks..
--AL

Posted Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 11:59 am
I was doing some reading on the instruction manual for the Ecler NOU 4. It states you CANNOT use the fader as a midi signal out unless you have one of the channels 2 or 3 set to midi. Does anyone here have any experience with this mixer? I want to basically set up the two CD players or Turntables and have the output of the computer (maya 44 sound card) going to the seperate channels. I want to be able to scratch using the faders on the mixer and also while I am fading the sound it fades the video as well. I don't want to link the audio and video faders in the Virtual DJ. I want to be able to cue using the mixers channels. Anyone... anyone here have ANY experience with this kind of set up?

Posted Tue 28 Mar 06 @ 12:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)