Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A question about recording...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Do the recording features of VDJ work with an external mixer or with the software mixer only? If they don't, what could I use to record my mix while being able to keep my external mixer setup? Thanx in advance!

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 5:14 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Run your audio out into a mixer than back into your pc via line in and record using a 3rd party software. Also I just had a thought but who knows if it will work. Run 2 instances of VDJ. Run your audio to a mixer (2 channels obviously using y splitter or 2 soundcards. Then run the line out of the mixer back into pc then select a sound device on the second instance of VDJ and record in mp3.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 6:22 am
No it won't work, the line-in feature just shows the line-in rhythm in the active waveform window, but it doesn't play it (fortunately, I can't imagine what a mess if it would actually play it. Could make a strange reverb effect)

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 11:27 am
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just by curiosity:
is there a way to change the Bit Rate ?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 12:19 pm
The bitrate is choosed when you convert audio files or audio cd tracks to mp3.

The only way I know to change it is converting the file again from the source.

Because is difficult to create good quality mp3's from low qulity ones.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 3:38 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
In order to make Virtual DJ as simple as possible, the bitrate when you encode from Virtual DJ is set to 192 and can't be changed. We choosed this value because we think the quiality is good enough, and it doesn't make too huge mp3 files.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 3:43 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Ok stef, I didn't try it but thought what the hell it might work. So the sound doesn't come through VDJ at all just shows the curve ?

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 5:26 pm
kabensaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes I agree that 192 is the right Bit Rate. But we can have different dll for different mp3 Bit rate ex: one for 128,192,256,...

I think there is a small bug the file size indicated in the rec tab when we choose mp3 extension is not correct.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 03 @ 6:45 pm
i have said it before and now i am going to post the site

http://my.execpc.com/~sfritz/rc-mp3/

go here and get the E-Z-EST mp3/wav decoder to use that i have EVER found...it encodes from 32 right up to 320 bps...you choose the bps...96 is f.m. quality...its free ware...no cracks are needed nor s/n...you can encode from an mp3 into a wav...or a wav into an mp3

Posted Fri 04 Jul 03 @ 6:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)