Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Monitor in the back of the box...:o)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Howdy VDJ'ers. Hope you are all well...:o)

I don't know about you, but ever since I laid eyes on Cyder's gig rig http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/DJ%20Cyder/ , I wanted one!!! However, for me, there was always a little bit of 'how did he do that' regarding the (fabulous) monitor mount. From what I've learnt, he uses an omnimount stand that had to be altered slightly in order to fit into the case and what have you... anyway, big ups to DJ Cyder for a truly inspirational job (and on getting married - congratulations!)...:o)

I did manage to get something going but it wasn't the best of setups (although, to be fair, it's done me a power of good). I've been scouring the net for ages trying to get some kind of alternative to this which would be easy to use and offer top performance at a reasonable price.

And then i found the spacedek pole and donut mount: http://www.2iq.co.uk/productpages/polemounts/D1.html

"The Spacedec Donut fitting delivers an effective Flat Panel Mounting solution, which is popular in medical and retail enviroments. This product fits a 42mm diameter pole. The Donut is easily fitted to a pole and can be adjusted up and down to achieve the desired height. The monitor is also able to be rotated around the pole and can also be angled by + or - 40 degrees in any direction on the ball socket."

The standard pole is available in black or chrome and measures in at 35cm. They are available in either bolt through or clamp styles and might just help a few of us out.

I've been speaking with a guy from 2IQ and they are very keen to help with any requirements. I have even asked him to provide a costing for a telescopic pole for me as my case is only about 40 cms deep and therefore 35 cms might not be big enough.

Anyway, the pole and donut mount comes in at about £90 all in ($158 usd, €130, $183 cad - you get the picture) which is a nice little bit of saving if you've seen the prices of the omnimount stands. I've even seen this type of pole mount available at like £300, so you can see what I mean.

Full contact details are available on the website if you're interested. I'll let you know how i get on as I'm going to go for one this week i think depending on the price of the telescopic pole.

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...:o)

P

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 6:11 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Pionara,

thanks for the input, is good to know, please tell us how it goes for you.

Good Luck!

Posted Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 7:39 pm
djrakPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Anyone looking for LCD mount, we can help. DJRAK offers fold over LCD mounts. Go to www.djrak.com , click on Monitor Mounts. Make sure you click on the Gallery and then you can click on the individual pictures to get a larger image of each picture. The 2" one is designed to fit under a stock Gator case lid with a LCD display that is 2 1/4" or thinner.

Todd
tsun@djrak.com

Posted Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 6:35 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
todd, your stuff is awesome!
I'll keep it in mind if I ever need to upgrade my racks...

Posted Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 10:06 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I just found a different way to mount one of Todd's mounts, check my blog.
It lowers the monitor mount about 3" and now doesn't lay on the mixer knobs.

Posted Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 2:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)