Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Share your Nudge or Pitch Tip

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

YSRCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well, after sampling the the Demo for a little over a week and finally making my purchase, and now going on a couple weeks of practice.

I have read a lot in regards to the tips offered on BPM's, CBG, Beat Lock and Syncronizing, my brain seems over-loaded [cry laughing]. Thanks for all the tips and there is a lot!

It seems that CBG will never be locked in sync with the wave form, therefore "drifting" occurrs. I've been using the "nudge" function as well as pitch adjustments to keep the two songs sync'd. Dilema is, it's obvious and apparent.

Please share with me your personal technique of creating a prefect beatmix between songs, especially when experiencing "drifting".

ps, I've pondered the thought creating a short-cut (key function) for pitch and/or nudge adjustments. But I'd like to see what some of you more experienced users do in this scenerio. Who knows, one of you may have a technique that works for me.

On a funny note, I purchased my laptop and bought vdj solely to host/play the music that doesn't require beatmixing, therefore cutting down the amount of "books" of CD's (6/200 ea) I would typically carry with me when I mobile DJ (Numark CDN88). Now that I've been acquanting myself more and more with vdj, It seems I may endup using my Laptop/VDJ for live mixing rather than my initial intent (lol).

In advance, thanks :)

Posted Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 6:12 pm
TotyoHome userMember since 2006
maybe write this post in the general dicussion.
more people will reply :)

Posted Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 9:03 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
if ur sure about the current pitch of songs, shortcuts for sync, pitch and nudge should do it. setting a cue for the first beat would help.

ie load song>
Press STOP (takes song to the Cue Point)>
SYNC (starts to play the song and syncs them), let em play for a lil bit to see which is behind or front>
Nudge [shortcut] as first step to place them together>
Nudge [shortcut] 2nd time if necessary>
add or subtract pitch [shortcut] to match>
add/subtract pitch to match.

with practise that can be a 10 second process.

most important steps is knowing the correct BPMs of the songs and setting up the Cues.

Posted Tue 21 Mar 06 @ 9:35 pm
TotyoHome userMember since 2006
how long does it take to mix wihout AutoBPM?

Posted Wed 22 Mar 06 @ 4:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)