Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TO DEVELOPERS OF VDJ! - PLEASE READ.. Further development towards Hercules, or ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Please…
There are many of us who has bought the Hercules DJ console.
It seems like there is an impression out that VDJ don’t do an effort for us Hercules users…

FOR EXAMPLE
ONE MESSAGE FROM VIXVIBES FORUM:
---------------------------
I've been using VirtualDJ with the Hercules DJ Console. If you ever want to see how NOT to do customer support, go take a look at their forums some time, particularly in relation to Hercules users.

---------------------------

I really hope that us Hercules owners will not be ignored, and that you developers will support Hercules fully in the future as well.
Right now the competitors (MixVibes, Traktor and more) have made a midi mapper / mapper for best possible functionality of the console, INCLUDING for example the possibility for SCRATCH (which I really think would be A LOT better in VDJ if supported), do backspins etc.

Seems like some think that VDJ is going to “ignore” all the ones who bought Hercules, in favour of rather “forcing” them to buy XP10 when that (finally) gets on the marked.

I REALLY REALLY HOPE that this impression is completely wrong! The rumour false…

And that VDJ (like the competitors) are going to be an open applications for its user, so that the users themselves can decide what equipment to use, what racks to build etc.

By this I mean, full midi support, further support and developments towards the Hercules console etc.
I hope this is the truth, and that you all make the rumours dead :)

I have started to like VDJ better and better, by trying it, getting help (Fruit in particular…) etc
I am really close to dropping all my cd-cages – going digital – and buy the product, and be a great ambassador for your program in my country…

But.. as a Hercules owner, I hope u don’t drop all development for Hercules (or any other midi product) in favour of XP10 ( .. which I might actually buy too, but hopefully not “forced” to, and hopefully Hercules will work better in the future for the semi-pro users of VDJ who would like a cheaper solution)

Just a few thoughts… :)

Still, all my love,
Dj In Norway

Posted Fri 21 May 04 @ 2:26 am
Hmm… I wrote the above message after getting home from a dj gig (dreaming of the possibility of going digital, and after having a few drinks…lol)

And to set the record straight (no pun intended… lol) – I totally, TOTALLY, respect all the work VDJ team has made so far! :)

I think my (and the others) post regarding Hercules is more a wish for new features, and by no way disrespecting the GREAT work so far from the VDJ team in making a GREAT software! Really!! :)

Would only love to see my hercules console work better (if possible....) - but then again, its really not VDJ fault that the Hercules is not all I thought it would be :)
But if VDJ team could make it work better, I would love it... :)

well... all my love, all my support, all my respect...
The ever so joyfull-dj-in-the-cold-norway
:)

Posted Fri 21 May 04 @ 12:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)