Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Request: Sound effect = Echo (loop) Out + backscratch in between cycles)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm willing to pay $50 USD to your PayPal accout for whoever can create this plugin.

This effect is so nice when using turntables. It's like a manually produced echo out effect of which requires the record to be pulled back between each cycle of this kind of "loop", while reducing the volume or gain for the desk at the same time. This plugin could be a modified version of the Echo Out, or Flanged Loop Out effects, which already exist. I imagine this effect would be one of the top downloaded plugins!!!

Again I'm willing to pay whatever programmer who can create and distribute this plugin for download.

- Diallo W. (aka DJ+Remedy)
dj_reme@yahoo.com

Posted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 7:08 pm
interesting idea ;-)

If I try to understand, you talk about:
an echo + backspin + echo.... and so on ?

Posted Wed 08 Mar 06 @ 9:44 pm
Yes, exactly right! Maybe having similar options as the Flanged Loop Out, or Echo Out plugins - only with a quick backspin in between echos. I imagine only 1 or 2 beats for the echo with the equivalent backspin in between (with adjustable beat, and volume control).

This is a difficult trick to pull off using turntables, but when done correctly it produces a good transition effect. So with VirtualDJ I image the same trick only in an effect plugin.

What do you think?

Posted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 2:05 am
Actually, now that I've thought about it a bit more, the echo and backspin would alternate like you mentioned (echo + backspin + echo), but the backspin would have to be timed to 1 beat (in length of playing time, maybe not actual beats going backwards) compared to the echo which could be 1 or more beats in length. I could be wrong and the timing of the echos and backspins may be 1 to 1.

There could be some flexibility with the durations of echos and backspins, but that's the general idea.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 5:37 am
Anyone interested in trying to develop this plugin???

Posted Fri 12 May 06 @ 2:50 am
my frickin' serial number doesn't work :(

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 7:14 am
flashcanx wrote :
my frickin' serial number doesn't work :(

Support could help you with that.

Huey

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 7:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)