Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Why Don't you listen to Virtual DJ Radio? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
how come the frenchies seem to have this home edition 2006 one? dunno what the deal with that is.............. i try to listen to virtual dj whenever im on the computer, most of the imte i put something else on after a few seconds tho. im all for being open minded but im not a great fan of rap n hiphop an there seems to be tons of it now, atleast when i tune in anyway.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 1:03 am
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd listen more if there was more than one channel, something like DI.FM has. This would create more slots for people to fill. Perhaps if there we times when only one channel slot was filled the other could default to it?

Just started listening to DJ Sonic - nice tunage. Good effects too.

Posted Thu 23 Feb 06 @ 6:29 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Radio is currently kicking, listen now! :).

Posted Fri 24 Mar 06 @ 7:25 pm
WOW.....Just found out about this radio thing too....hooked in and listening to Julian D....nice stuff m8...i for one will be tuning into this when we open our store in June of this year...will be my station of choice......AWESOME !!

Check us out at

www.applied-designs.ca

you never know.....you may want to order some promo stuff for your gigs or even for the radio station. If you do order let me know you are a DJ or at least you come to this forum and I will give you a VERY good price break.....sorry about the blatant advert but if my promo stuff can promote you or vdj radio then I am all for it.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 06 @ 12:16 pm
Im not sure why we dont go to the radio, its just musical tastes, and the fact that some users (Non-proffesional) are not allowed to broadcast on there casue its only for Proffesional Users. Radio Needs Electro-house maybe some more attention to the radio would be called

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 4:59 pm
My personal reason is that I'm a full time DJ, and after listening to music 7 nights a week, the last thing I want to listen to on my computer is friggin' music.

I'd rather listen to news, or better yet! nothing!

I just think alot of people have better things to do than sit around and listen to the computer... now if I didn't work for myself, and I was in a cubicle all day, maybe i'd keep it on in the background, but once again, most companies block streaming radio from the work servers to stop bandwith hogging...

I think few people are on at night, because once again people have better things to do than sit home on a friday night and listen to a dj mixing on the net....

maybe if we were allowed to do a live radio show where people could call in, that would be cool! I know two of us that would do that.... we could discuss all things DJ... DMX, speakers, setting up equipment, etc....

I'd be down for an hour once a week.....

-Steve

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 8:34 pm
Make an easier access for the radio on the page(like a plugin or something like that).I´m shure then more people are listening!I mean listening while browsing the forum.I simply just forget to open the radio in a new tab to listen:-)Best would be the radio start`s when i log in!!!But a button to turn of should be there:-)

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 10:39 pm
I've made a request before to mix on vdj radio but when I went to return my info the Forum was closed, or not accpeting dj's or whatever was going on a couple of months ago.

Usually when i tune in it's techno even when i saw the session name as old school dance, but hey that could mean anything to anybody.

I'll probably listen more when I mount a notebook computer in my Tool Cabinet at my Day job. I'm going to get wireless Internet on it as well. I get bored with the local Radio stations, I heard "Sexy Back" 4 times the other day, At 8 am, 11:30am, the request lunch hour, and the drive home show. It sounded like a rookie nightclub DJ that plays the same song twice or three times in a night.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion Nightclub

Posted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 11:20 pm
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Why Have I not applied... I don't play house-tecno-uber cool club trax.

Most of my playlists are chart based, (most of my music is PO or MMS). I am scared that if I started to mix chart crap, all of you cool DJ's would laugh at me. I don't see the international appeal of a new country music show (Yes I like the music, but i LOVE the girls). -and all of the rest is just typical playlist crap... (retro, rock, club 90s'...) the only vaguelly original playlist i have is Alternatine and Hard Alternative. And even that is getting pretty homogenus thanx to the video preference.

Maybe when I get the Oakville club open I will apply. See if I can get a 'Old School live to the world' thing going... Maybe make the facility available to other Toronto area DJs. -the club has TCV & a dedcated PC that could work as a broadcast server... We'll see.

TP

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 5:03 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Since I opened my own bussines, I don't have the time now to listen or good connection but I expect to get ADSL soon so I will listen at my firm :).

Posted Wed 04 Oct 06 @ 8:27 am
reasons I don't listen, 1,very busy ,ears could use a break and B,lol, you guys need some bandwidth or log on servers or something....... and it is the site not me,that's the problem.difficult to get on .

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 3:56 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I am listening when i am in my room = 80% of day ;) of course during the week, at weekends i am at home only 10% (when sleeping). VDJ radio make my day, every day! ;)

Posted Thu 05 Oct 06 @ 4:12 pm
Phatt BPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well I listen when I can.
But at home i have the worst internet coz I live in a remote area, and broadband isent availble, so I just cant listen. :( which sukcs heaps.

But ah well, maby telstra will make broadband availble one day.

Posted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 2:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)